Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    Pirate: Last similar incedent 5 years ago at a different dwelling...I say chances are more than 90% someone either saw you leave with your luggage from the side of the neighbours or the street or a domestic servant knew that you went away.
    No domestic or any other worker... but that may ironically have been a contributory factor, for reasons I'll explain at a later time.

Trip was organised literally at the last minute, hand luggage only and I left late afternoon similar to driving off to the corner SPAR. I believe it was scouted in the past two days, and noticed that there's no movement.

User

Default Re: Security got tested tonight... :-(

Hey man
    Sorry for your loss but luckily nothing major..
    Should consider doing beams at the front walls or where you may think a forced entry could occur...

User

At least they did not get away with too much. Still a kak feeling after having a break-in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I have a light running of a digital plug-in timer in my entrance hall, the light fitting cannot be seen from outside, but you can see from the street there is a light on inside the house. I set the timer differently for weekends than weekdays and it switches on for 5 min. at 03h00.

User

Glad all turned out okay and nobody was hurt. The security company seems on the ball though. I'll need to find out from you which security company you use.

Sorry to hear about this Pirate.

Good that you had a plan and that it worked to a degree.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Sorry to hear about this too, Pirate. Makes one feel violated. My parent's house was robbed five times in the 70's when there were no real options for home security other than a big mean dog and they didn't wan't to have a pet...

I suggest to get a beam activated loud siren inside the house, I mean painfully loud siren. It will be heard outside, but it'll also make the being inside the house unbearable to the perps.

Good thinking locking the interior rooms: extra layers of time consuming entries.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Nah, home laptop only mostly used for showmaxing. some old consulting work details, as well as photos, but nothing that will really set me back. Lost some QuickLOAD calibration data, but all my load data (as well as other important info) is on Dropbox (lesson learnt after previous break-in).

Camera may have some holiday snaps on and was loaded with one of my fiancé's SD cards, but again, not the greatest loss in he bigger scheme. Luckilly camera, lenses, laptop all individually specified on insurance.

hoping to have caught faces on the cameras, but not holding my breath. Some of the stuff lying around may have prints on so I won't disturb until SAPS have been there.

Once I've seen it all myself I'll come back with comments / questions. Flight to CT boarding in a few minutes.
    Fuckers!! Shame dude, I hope you at least get something a little better back from your insurance.

User

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    At least they did not get away with too much.
    They "stole" more than you think.

Pirate is currently contemplating security upgrades, and a whole other nonsense, which will probably cost WAY more than a little old laptop. He will also be much more aware his security is lacking making for some sleepless nights.

Sometimes crime affects much more than the things we perceive as stolen.

User

Sorry to hear about this, Pirate, but glad that nobody got hurt and that your losses were not too bad.

Good luck with sorting out the damage and upgrading your layers of security.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast