Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: #allthelumens

User

Default #allthelumens

this video does a great job of explaining why more lumens is more better. Hopefully it will at least go a way towards helping those stuck with outdated approaches move forward.

User

Default Re: #allthelumens

I love this, makes me feel so much happier after dropping money on an Olight M2R 1500 lumen light.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Medic View Post
    I love this, makes me feel so much happier after dropping money on an Olight M2R 1500 lumen light.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
    I also got an Olight M2R. Pretty small for the amount of lumens it puts out.
    Really nice, the tail switch is absolutely silent when using momentary on.

I was amazed at how much I could see using the "umbrella" lighting by pointing it at the ceiling. Didnt blind me at all. Definitely want to find a low light course next year after I finish some more Level 1 training.

User

If all goes according to plan I will have access to a facility for low light training next year

#justsaying

User

Kinda sad that we can get pages and pages on "should I use HST or Gold Dot" but actual useful stuff barely gets a glance.

User

Thanks for sharing. I always found it strange, the knowledge based useful threads get far less attention than the political threads on gunsite.

Thanks T for posting this. I wish we could see more of this type of solid advice on here. Another urban legend disproved.

"I have never been in any situation where I wished I had less light".

How's that for a punchline.

Ja, good video.

I am happy that it addressed the issue of blinding oneself with one's own torch due to glare off a wall etc - it is something that I was, once upon a time, convinced was possible. BigT has addressed the issue a number of times on different threads and it is good to see it reinforced in this video.

I think that one of the reasons there are so few responses to the video is that it speaks for itself.

You need to watch this video, there is a lot of very good info in here that you don’t usually get in these youtube videos.

T if you present a class with some of these learnings I’d be very interested.

I’ve diffused two road rage incidents merely by having a very bright light at hand and being able to take away the person’s visual data that he gets.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

He's got some very interesting stuff in his videos. Definitely one of the best on YouTube.

Helps that Aaron Cowan is actually an instructor with some skill, and clue and not some mouth breather who films himself shooting guns. I may not agree 100% with all his positions but they're well thought out and logically based.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast