Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: New Gun for sportshooting

The G34 is also a bitch to carry should you need to, which is the draw card of the G17 as your second pistol

I carry a g26, started ipsc with a g17 and then moved to cz shadow 1 - me personally if I could do it again, would go straight to shadow for sporting because it is easier to shoot and achieve the results as it is tool built for this specific job. (I still love my glocks for edc)

G17 is a good all rounder but cannot compare to a shadow for sporting discipline. Most shooters in ipsc like me - also change from glock to shadow sooner or later for the same reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

thanks guys. appreciate all the feedback.

User

Shadow without a shadow of doubt (see what I did there....).

I started with a 17 for IDPA. Changed to a Shadow and my shooting improved significantly. Don’t fall fir that “you won’t be able to shoot your Glock once you get used to the Shadow” rubbish. I now shoot my Glocks better than I did before I shot the Shadow.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    You should take the G17.

You bought the G19 with the understanding that you may be forced to shoot someone with it one day. If that happens you will be without a gun for an unspecified amount of time. In that case the 17 can be pressed into carry duty.
    I just want to quote this again. Please read this carefully, as well as the related article on Paratus linked earlier in the thread.

If you're starting out in any of the running-and-gunning sports, the gun is the last thing that's going to hold you back. But getting a gun that's complementary to you EDC gun, and shooting that for sport will definitely translate to shooting skill with your EDC gun.

When you get to the point where the gun is starting to become the limit, then get a another one dedicated for the game, and when you do that you already have your second gun as backup to both your carry and game guns.

User

Logic and ego..
    The eternal battle..
    I know the Glock 17 is the sensible choice..
    The ego says Shadow..

Thanks guys, appreciate all the feedback.

User

If you're starting out in any of the running-and-gunning sports, the gun is the last thing that's going to hold you back. But getting a gun that's complementary to you EDC gun, and shooting that for sport will definitely translate to shooting skill with your EDC gun.

This wins..
    I cant argue against this logic if I am being sensible ..

User

I have a G19 and G17. My carry holsters are universal, my spare mags are universal, my defensive ammo functions well in both, I can carry both.

The day my G19 goes for ballistics or breaks I can go get a set of trijis installed and be back home in an hour with an almost identically EDC gun. That was worth a lot more than the shadow performance in sports I occasionally shoot

User

My choice would be is to get a second Glock, in case you have to hand in your firearm for ballistics. Then get your self the shadow for dedicated sport shooting. This will be good motivation to buy another gun :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2