Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Beretta help needed

Hi chaps,can any of the shotgun fundis or maybe dealers help.

I have finally got my Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporter O/U in my sweaty paws after the normal licencing wait.

Now,the Beretta comes with multi chokes....Optima....full,modified,improved modified,improved cylinder and cylinder chokes,5 in total. The supplied booklet lists a 6th choke available as an option,a Skeet choke.

Now the problem is that my gun was supplied with 5 chokes [correct] but the one choke is the skeet choke instead of the standard full choke.

I took this up today with the dealer from whom i purchased the shotgun [new] and they will take it up for me with the suppliers.

Now i can foresee a long wait [cynical me] before i am hopefully supplied with the full choke.

My question is...does anyone know where i can purchase the full choke.If i end up with 2 full chokes at the end of the day that is fine.

Default Re: Beretta help needed

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    Hi chaps,can any of the shotgun fundis or maybe dealers help.

I have finally got my Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporter O/U in my sweaty paws after the normal licencing wait.

Now,the Beretta comes with multi chokes....Optima....full,modified,improved modified,improved cylinder and cylinder chokes,5 in total. The supplied booklet lists a 6th choke available as an option,a Skeet choke.

Now the problem is that my gun was supplied with 5 chokes [correct] but the one choke is the skeet choke instead of the standard full choke.

I took this up today with the dealer from whom i purchased the shotgun [new] and they will take it up for me with the suppliers.

Now i can foresee a long wait [cynical me] before i am hopefully supplied with the full choke.

My question is...does anyone know where i can purchase the full choke.If i end up with 2 full chokes at the end of the day that is fine.
    Performanceshootinghq. Com can help I'm sure as well as places like hailstorm etc. Twinbore also an option but out of personal experience I won't support them. Never used a full choke by the way but suppose you would want it nonetheless. Also give the guys at suburban guns a shout they will most definitely be able to help also

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi pre 64.
    I had a not dissimilar experience with my Akkar 12 gauge.
    Dave Sheer Guns got it 'sorted' for me within a week.
    However the point that I am making is make certain that you get an original (OEM) Beretta choke.
    All sorts of warranty problems can arise if you fit 'one that fits' but which is not a genuine Beretta part.
    Good Luck with the ''shotgunning".
    Regards.
    Keith.

User

Excuse my ignorance, but is the skeet choke not just a full choke anyway?
    Regards, Thinus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThinusJvR View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but is the skeet choke not just a full choke anyway?
    Regards, Thinus.

No it's 0.005 tighter than cylinder and more open than improved cylinder

In other words you get cylinder then skeet then improved cylinder then light modified then modified then improved modified then light full then full

User

Quote Originally Posted by cornepotgieter28 View Post
    No it's 0.005 tighter than cylinder and more open than improved cylinder

Quote Originally Posted by cornepotgieter28 View Post
    In other words you get cylinder then skeet then improved cylinder then light modified then modified then improved modified then light full then full

Thank you cornepotgieter28.
    Regards, Thinus.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinusJvR View Post
    Thank you cornepotgieter28.
    Regards, Thinus.

You're welcome Thinus

User

Hi corne.....Interesting that you have never used full choke.

I use it all the time on geese [modified and full] as well as for down the line trap.

I patterned a couple of the chokes on sunday at 32m and reckon the improved modified choke will suffice untill i can get a full choke.

Keith...very valid point,ja,i would like a genuine Beretta choke.

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    Hi corne.....Interesting that you have never used full choke.

I use it all the time on geese [modified and full] as well as for down the line trap.

I patterned a couple of the chokes on sunday at 32m and reckon the improved modified choke will suffice untill i can get a full choke.

Keith...very valid point,ja,i would like a genuine Beretta choke.
    I've got a sxs that is choked full that I mainly use for wingshooting. Sorry I was mainly thinking in line of clay target shooting and there I've never used full although with trap it would be the better option. 90 percent of the time I use ic and modified for clays. Don't knock aftermarket chokes, there are some really good ones to consider like briley etc. And they usually have a variety of finishes, ported, extended etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast