Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: Glock42 and Glock43

Will a belly band not work with rugby shorts? The FA will be held in place by the belly band and not by a flimsy draw string designed to hold your pants up. Not sure how comfortable it will be but, I have heard about people using them for jogging.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeftShot View Post

FWIW- if you have a shield, a 43 won't be much of a difference.

I personally wouldn't sacrifice 4 ounces for 9mm to .380 and going to a 42 over a 43.

Try an ulticlip with a kydex holster. Not ideal but I can carry my 43 comfortably enough with normal shorts without a belt and really tightening the draw strings.

And I changed my lifestyle since carrying a gun, you can find comfortable shorts with belt loops quite easily if you look around - or try an ulticlip.

Goodluck!
    My Shield is my edc for most of the time however I am not always in shorts but what is significant is that when I am I normally wear rugby shorts which are drawstring shorts with pockets hence pocket concealment is better with a smaller gun than the Shield.
    I unfortunately can not practise and coach with shorts containing belt loops for obvious reasons.
    I also run at times with the team and then it could become a problem.
    I am often the last person to lock up and leave and safety is a concern especially at night. I need a Glock 42 imho as it is tiny enough for pocket carry and proper concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Think you’ve missed some good advice in this thread, by some experienced people and got yourself worked up. There was a suggestion to change the type of shorts you wear, simple, good advice. Unsurprisingly, most ‘tactical’ shorts manufacturers make active fit clothing as they expect the operators wearing them to be able to move about. Good designing really. I was wearing shorts with belt loops this weekend, and a proper IWB holster and it wasn’t working for me. The shorts ended up stretched when I took them off, which was when I realised how important the flex in the waistband is. This was with a G22, so maybe it wouldn’t have been as bad with a 43 or shield. Either way, a different type of shorts would easily have made the difference. That’s the advice I read up front in this thread anyway. Good belt, holster and right kind of clothing, doesn’t have to be fancy, will make a big difference.
    I agree that the correct shorts should be worn for the correct occasion but for me nothing tactical or even semi- casual would work seeing that sport shorts are what I use when on the field.
    Afterwards everything changes when I dress up and proceed to lecture afterwards so my quest is to find the correct firearm for my unique situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Jislaaik, I dunno... I own a Shield (and am somewhat invested in M&Ps) and as you say it's FAIRLY small, but even with the short mag, the grip is a smidgen longer than my 9c's grip when the flatbase mag is fitted. Where it wins over the 9c is in width, which makes it less bulky to carry. Make no mistake, the Shield is really easy to shoot, even with full power and +P+ SD rounds.

I've not pawed or shot a 43, but I have shot a 42 and directly (on top of each other) compared it with my Shield, and its markedly smaller, especially in grip length. That will make it definitely more concealable (I don't know about rugby-short-pocket carry, but then again I have no first-hand experience with rugby shorts). My understanding is that the 43 is of similar grip and slide length as the 42, with the grip just slightly larger to accommodate the longer 9mmP vs 380 ACP cartridge, so I'd expect it to conceal as easy as the 42, and better than the Shield.

While I really like my Shield, it is somewhat of a safe queen, and only comes out to play on the odd occasion. I bought it specifically to have an easy to conceal gun for NPE or bumpy singletrack times (when I had all good intentions of starting mountainbiking again!!) At that stage it was the only proper 'singlestack' 9mmP available, not even the 42 existed. If I had to make the same choice today, I wouldn't even consider the Shield above the 43, and may even consider the 42 above the Shield.
    I love my shield and am a Smith & Wesson fan but here I do believe that the Glock42 is the answer to my problem as discussed above.
    You must consider carrying your Shield more.

Quote Originally Posted by RAGE View Post
    Wouldn’t keeping the shield and carrying in something like this http://www.511tactical.com/select-ca...tol-pouch.html be more viable than buying a smaller pistol to pocket carry.
    I will look into this, Thanks for the advice.
    I have tried my shield by simply concealing it in my pocket plainly but it is awkward and difficult to conceal on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Will101 View Post
    Sorry for the Hi-jack Ricochet, I will start a new thread if I need more info/ questions regarding my post/ conversation with SSP.

I have a lot to learn, and get what you are saying, and I admit that I need a few more decent shorts and shirts. Unfortunately I dont have the luxury of asking people whether I look fine in what I wear. I even wear non-matching clothes at home, well anything goes with rugby shorts right?

You do know that I live and work on farms? And I do my best to blend in like the other 'farmers' my age...

I had a lifestyle change when I moved out of the city. A second time when I started EDCing. I live and work on farms. We do a lot of stuff ourselves on the farm. I have wasted numerous good shirts and shorts in less than a weeks time, actually I have pretty much waisted a lot of whats in my wardrobe. I do need a wardrobe change anyway, most of my close are torn and full of holes, except for a few rugby shorts, a couple of shirts and then my decent clothes that gets worn maybe twice a year..

If you run a small business from the farm, wearing rugby shorts, working boots and a T-shirt, is comfortable and is better than trying to blend in with the latest fashion trend city guys to wear among farmers.

When going to see clients I do dress more decent though...

In otherwords you say I look stupid and out of place in my clothes?
    Hi Will

No problem mate !! In fact It was not aimed at you at all or your posts but rather in general to everyone else including myself that was getting side tracked here as I felt that I was not getting constructive feedback all of the time.
    I should have known better that these kind of things happen and that people are all different and have the right to say as they feel.
    Please continue to ask and post what ever you need to on this thread.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    You must consider carrying your Shield more.
    My work and daily attire allows me to carry my 9c 99.99% of the time. Which means I can also add a 17rd and extra 12rd mag to my EDC. That gives me close to double the number of rounds on me, than I'd get with the Shield and 2x 8rd mags.

I'm not a big guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I've learnt to dress around my main carry gun to such a degree that the slimmer backup one (Shield) have become a safe queen, as mentioned. But I like that it is there, for the very odd occasions when the slimmer frame comes to its own.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5