Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default 3d printed gun stuff

Hi guys!

With the increase in availability of 3d printing technology, and 3d printers at home, I have taken a keen interest in the technology myself.

I have seen a few items guys (and girls) on here have 3d printed, but not too much really...

So... here I would like to open an opportunity to show off what you have 3d printed for your gun/rifle/shotgun. also, any gun related tools or other equipment you might have 3d printed... please share...

I am sure there are many items that could be done... just thinking very quickly, the likes of LED torch mounts for handguns, AR and shotties. magazines. laser pointers. what else?

User

Default Re: 3d printed gun stuff

Quote Originally Posted by fkritzinger View Post
    Hi guys!

With the increase in availability of 3d printing technology, and 3d printers at home, I have taken a keen interest in the technology myself.

I have seen a few items guys (and girls) on here have 3d printed, but not too much really...

So... here I would like to open an opportunity to show off what you have 3d printed for your gun/rifle/shotgun. also, any gun related tools or other equipment you might have 3d printed... please share...

I am sure there are many items that could be done... just thinking very quickly, the likes of LED torch mounts for handguns, AR and shotties. magazines. laser pointers. what else?
    This may be a bit late but anyway. I own a 3d printer and the way I see it is that it is not worth it to print something that you can buy at the store for a reasonable price.

That being said I did print some stupid stuff in the past but I had fun doing it.

The most firearms related thing I printed was a speedloader. I must have printed around 8 or 10. These can be printed in about 4 hours and doesn't consume a massive amount of plastic.

I have printed several Leatherman holders and I see no reason why it could not be adapted for a magazine.

For the stuff that I will avoid printing is reloading trays and boxes since they are cheap enough to buy.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

User

Gunweo, it always is worth printing something you can use yourself. My experience with 3D printing definitely is a learning curve the past two years. Only by investing a lot of time and effort( finances) and a huge lot of luck did I manage to get to the steel casting stage of a rifle part( http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...-action/page21

It still is a journey I need to complete, but at least I am walking this road and know there are a few exciting possibilities at the end of this road... Never think you are doing "a few simple things" it always is all effort worth to do something yourself...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Gunweo, it always is worth printing something you can use yourself. My experience with 3D printing definitely is a learning curve the past two years. Only by investing a lot of time and effort( finances) and a huge lot of luck did I manage to get to the steel casting stage of a rifle part( http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...-action/page21

It still is a journey I need to complete, but at least I am walking this road and know there are a few exciting possibilities at the end of this road... Never think you are doing "a few simple things" it always is all effort worth to do something yourself...
    I reread my comment and it looks like I phrased it wrongly. I have been using my printer for about two years as well.

I design a lot of my own parts, and what I was trying to explain is that I am not going to spend 100g in filament to print a box where one can pinch a similar sized container from the kitchen for free or R20 from plastics for Africa.

Printing a speedloader consumes 13g of filament and around 5 hours. It is a cheapish enough to "here, have this" gift.

User

Something I have also taken an interest in. Have files for things like grips, magazines base plates and picatinny rails etc from places like thingyverse. Just don't have a printer yet lol

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShirazA View Post
    Something I have also taken an interest in. Have files for things like grips, magazines base plates and picatinny rails etc from places like thingyverse. Just don't have a printer yet lol

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    You're not the only one.
    When I was bored, I downloaded a crapload of files of FA related items.
    Let me know if someone is looking for something specific and I'll have a look

Busy designing an adjustable FT stock for my Air Arms S400 air rifle that will be printed by a friend.
    Still in the solid works stage...the new baby is taking up most of my time

User

Members, since this is new technology we can share to every one`s advantage, will you consider compiling a 3D printing /programming knowledge bank we all can pool our drawings /programmes to be shared with members on this forum? I think we can ask the moderators to create a new link for such a item if you all agree to start a knowledge bank...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Members, since this is new technology we can share to every one`s advantage, will you consider compiling a 3D printing /programming knowledge bank we all can pool our drawings /programmes to be shared with members on this forum? I think we can ask the moderators to create a new link for such a item if you all agree to start a knowledge bank...
    I don't have a problem with that.
    But where do we store the files?
    Dropbox??
    Can someone set it up?
    I'm not that clued up with cloud storage

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    I don't have a problem with that.
    But where do we store the files?
    Dropbox??
    Can someone set it up?
    I'm not that clued up with cloud storage
    Thingiverse is a host for STL files and the nice things about that is that a preview is available.

To share links is allowed according to the most of the Creative Commons license as long your share it the the page and not a direct link to file. It is basically the credit the creator.

IE This is the speedloader that I talked about previously.

9mm Magazine Speed-Loader found on https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:209583

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast