Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Have you got a M+P9c and an Olight wml?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The PL2 steps down from a brilliant 1200 lm to a still very useful 600 lm. The Mini steps down from an okay 400 lm to an anemic 60 lm.

Candela is also something to consider - 13800 for the PL2 vs. 1400 for the Mini. The PL2 will throw MUCH further than the Mini.

Have a look at https://olightsa.co.za/flashlights/1...35m-throw.html and https://olightsa.co.za/flashlights/1...540911054.html. A lot of reviews of YouTube of both lights.

I went for the PL2 over the Mini for these reasons mainly. The light is attached to my G17.
    When you look at output graphs you see a definite stroke down with the PL-2; 1200 down to 600 (still brighter than some wml’s at more than double the price) where’s the mini has a slight step then gradually drops down over time. Neither of these should be a problem when used correctly as wml’s, the light is only used for short durations, if you’re searching for something then a handheld would be more suitable.
    The PL-2 is definitely the light of choice but if you plan on EDCing your compact pistol with a light then you may as well carry the bigger pistol along with the PL-2 or use the mini with your compact fa.

https://s20.postimg.org/nzdpml759/Ch...me-_Lumens.png

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    Id like to see the Valkyrie PL-2 and mini on the 9c if that's at all possible?

There is a massive difference in lumen output and because of that silly #allthelumens i'm inclined to believe i need the bigger wml out on the farm. there are many more dark places than in town.

Help a brother out, google fu showed me nothing. wondering how far past the muzzle that PL-2 is going to stick out.
    9C Check, also looking at Valkyrie PL-2. Just need to find the time to visit the store. Going to try for Friday afternoon.

I'll snap some pics and upload if nobody beats me too it.

TapaDroiding

User

Don't bother, the valkyrie lights don't fit the compact rail. Tried a mini today. My heart breaks.

Don't bother, the valkyrie lights don't fit the compact rail. Tried a mini today. My heart breaks.
    Rescomp has a light that fits the 9c
    http://www.rhtechnologies.co.za/pSTR...ght-TLR-4.aspx

Fitted to a 9c
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...eXlbYqAxVsDHLg

If the image link doesn't work link to page with image on it:
    http://www.armslist.com/posts/356506...eamlight-tlr-4

TapaDroiding

Amazon still has the Streamlight TLR-3

It doesn't have the laser so a bit mor compact but Amazon has a thing with shipping electronics to ZA lately, so can't send it directly to ZA, maybe MyUS or if ou have a friend in the USA that can forward it on. It's alos 1/2 the price on Amazon the the TLR-4 mentioned above so with shipping and import you should break even or get off a bit cheaper.

It's the only light models i have found that i know fits the 9c, was hoping the Olight PL-Mini Valkeyrie at Brothers Arms would fit as it's a bit more in my price range.

Edit:
    I don't know these guys but i see Tactical Distributors SA show they have the TRL-3 for R2,250 address shows as Boksburg so maybe a visit rather than online order...

Jizni have a compact Viridian WML that does fit, ask Boerboel on the forum to drop you a pic.

User

Tazz iirc that tactical distributors was one of those dodgy dealers that reincarnated. As far as the viridian goes I recall it being a tad low on power. If I'm going to carry a wml, I want the sun. Thinking of changing the gun to get the 1200lumens PL-2. I have wondered if one can't buy a rail extension device. I can't see it adding too much bulk.

Tazz iirc that tactical distributors was one of those dodgy dealers that reincarnated.

Ahhh then a physical visit my be a better idea than online order as you would at least already have they product in hand if the same should happen.

As far as the viridian goes I recall it being a tad low on power.
    Viridian is 100lumens

... If I'm going to carry a wml, I want the sun. Thinking if changing the gun tons chocolate the 1200lumens PL-2
    Nope then i would rather just buy a decent hand held flashlight for 1/2 the price than a 1200lumens Weapon mounted light and learn to shoot with it. I prefer it that way round but i do see the use in having a weapon mounted light hence me keeping a eye out for something.

I'm going to visit Brothers Arms and take a look at the Olight PL-Mini Valkeyrie maybe i small mod can make it fit. It can't be too far off.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyTazz4Ever View Post
    Ahhh then a physical visit my be a better idea than online order as you would at least already have they product in hand if the same should happen.Viridian is 100lumens Nope then i would rather just buy a decent hand held flashlight for 1/2 the price than a 1200lumens Weapon mounted light and learn to shoot with it. I prefer it that way round but i do see the use in having a weapon mounted light hence me keeping a eye out for something.I'm going to visit Brothers Arms and take a look at the Olight PL-Mini Valkeyrie maybe i small mod can make it fit. It can't be too far off.
    I have the Olight M1Xstriker as my edc torch, which ive done training with etc. We put so much emphasis on putting a WML on our long guns and tacticooling them up and dont do the same with our pistols. Its easy enough to use your support hand to hold a flashlight,when you need that same support hand for other things is when a wml with click on comes into its own.

Long guns are a different game as you tend to need both hand to shoot / hold them so a wml is kinda a must.

Its easy enough to use your support hand to hold a flashlight,when you need that same support hand for other things is when a wml with click on comes into its own.
    Hense me saying i see the value of a wml and i am keeping a eye out for one. But spending R3k on wml that puts out 1200lumens when i can buy a 900lumens flashlight for R1400 the maths speaks for itself.

The Olight PL-Mini Valkeyrie is perfect price range and the 400lumens is nothing to shun. The 125 of the TLR-3 might be a bit low but still better than nothing or trying to bite a flashlight between your teeth while trying to carry / drag someone and shooting.

It is unfortunately a compromise game and in my edc size is the biggest factor as i can not be made. So i compromise on tacti-cool accessorizing ability.

If i could find a SHIELD when i bought my 9c i would have probably had a SHIELD but they where hens teeth back then and the 9c was a serious special for the time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast