Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default dry firing with glock

Hi,
    So I recently started dry firing my Glock.
    After pulling trigger and then having no real trigger feedback, I tried the below.
    Found a suitable screw, inserted its head between slide and receiver at back of gun as I slowly let slide return.
    I now have full range of trigger pull and returning to set, albeit without the 'break' , but still better than no travel.
    All feels smooth and easy, nothing catching/grinding.
    Is there anything obvious I'm missing by doing this?
    Would post a pic, but cant delete old ones to amek space for new pics?

Default Re: dry firing with glock

Yeah I wouldn’t use steel, like a screw, in there. I use a toothpick to insert and then break it off flush (between breach face and chamber). Others use cable ties. It does help for dry firing, but you would also need a snap cap for accuracy work, to get used to a real trigger break.

User

I don't know the screw trick.

All you want is to have the gun slightly out of battery to get the squishy trigger. I do this by placing something between the breach face and chamber. Currently using a piece of cloth but a folded piece of paper, cable tie, etc. anything that will work. What I like about this method is that you can still work from your holster and do mag changes as it is very robust with no chance of damaging anything.

User

I use a folded piece of paper that only slightly sticks out the side of the chamber.

End it off with some normal dryfire to get used to the break

User

I used a cable tie, then I got over dry firing.

Benefit of having it flush it that you can holster and practice draws

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Yeah I wouldn’t use steel, like a screw, in there. I use a toothpick to insert and then break it off flush (between breach face and chamber). Others use cable ties. It does help for dry firing, but you would also need a snap cap for accuracy work, to get used to a real trigger break.
    I use the cable tie method as mentioned by Skaaphaas. It has it function when dry firing. Avoid using a screw or anything steel like he said...

User

I addition to dry-firing with the cable tie method, invest in some snap caps, yes you have to reset after each shot, but you will build proper trigger control and you will be amazed how good a Glock trigger actually feels / is.

User

A drinking straw works as well.

User

A 8mm strip of 500ml Bonaqua water bottel, is just thin enough so you can feel where you trigger is normally going to "break" and can holster as normal. I ground the rim off a snap cap, then you can rack the gun and the snap cap do not get ejected, keep it in the chamber with a piece of insulation tape over the bullet. To remove the snap cap you have to knock it out from the crown side.

User

You don't have to completely cycle the slide to reset the sear, so the snap cap doesn't need to be ejected

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast