Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: dry firing with glock

I use snap caps and just picked up one of these to see how they perform. Great deal cheaper than a SIRT so worth a try.

http://www.chsguns.co.za/online-stor...9mm-338-detail

There is no rim so the "round" doesn't eject and you just need to short stroke the slide to reset the trigger (striker fired pistols). It's not ideal, but I plan to use it to work on my draw from concealment and the first shot, then I can practice for malfunctions. That's the plan anyway.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    You don't have to completely cycle the slide to reset the sear, so the snap cap doesn't need to be ejected
    True but it was a pain in my arse, then I made a plan.

User

Don’t know why. If its just out of battery, you have a resetting trigger without needing to rack the slide

User

Quote Originally Posted by SWF View Post
    I use snap caps and just picked up one of these to see how they perform. Great deal cheaper than a SIRT so worth a try.

There is no rim so the "round" doesn't eject and you just need to short stroke the slide to reset the trigger (striker fired pistols). It's not ideal, but I plan to use it to work on my draw from concealment and the first shot, then I can practice for malfunctions. That's the plan anyway.

My Sirt arrived today :P got it on a black friday special direct from Next Level Training. Downloaded an app called iTarget which is neat and u can use a target and it records the laser beams as shots. The app should work with the laser cartidge aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Kev123 View Post
    My Sirt arrived today :P got it on a black friday special direct from Next Level Training. Downloaded an app called iTarget which is neat and u can use a target and it records the laser beams as shots.
    I regret selling mine. What did you pay in the end?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kev123 View Post

My Sirt arrived today got it on a black friday special direct from Next Level Training. Downloaded an app called iTarget which is neat and u can use a target and it records the laser beams as shots. The app should work with the laser cartidge aswell
    That would be my ideal training aid but alas. Enjoy the SIRT and the training!

User

http://www.dryfiremag.com

These look cool. No interactive laser but the trigger is reset.

User

Thi laser looks very interesting for someone new like me, Im sure it will be a lot clearer to see what one is doing wrong.....think I should get one. Please tell us if it is worth it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ZK1 View Post
    Thi laser looks very interesting for someone new like me, Im sure it will be a lot clearer to see what one is doing wrong.....think I should get one. Please tell us if it is worth it.
    Will do. I've mounted a box on a tripod and put my target inside, then I bought a cheap adjustable universal phone holder to clamp to the box to monitor the target. I should get the G-Sight this week some time.
    I will be trying the iTarget app and also the G-Sight app (I had to download the apk file as it is not currently in the Play Store)

User

Maybe the best setup will be the dryfire mag with the laser?

Damn there is so many things to get into when one is new to a sport or skill. Even though I dont have a bike enymore I kept all my kit for when I will have one again as that will be at least R20k. So I know this all to well.

But I love how interesting everything is and I know very well how much I still have to learn and hopefully not learn any bad habits that you have to un learn later.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast