Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: dry firing with glock

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    I don’t know if I would train with a lazer pointer for dry firing.

I would assume you would teach your eye bad habits by looking for the the red dot on the wall, instead of looking for the front sight.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This^^
    I have a SIRT pistol and it's a great training tool. It's also nice to have new shooters get an idea of manipulating the trigger (do this after/during a live fire session or they are a bit shocked by the recoil of live fire) It will also show errors in trigger manipulation and a flinch. Great for training to get the reset just right. If you have the money the steel weighted one is best for training.

Once you have the basics down the laser on the SIRT will teach you bad habits. The laser draws your eye away from the sights to the target. I eventually disconnected it and just worked with the trigger and sights calling my shots. My dry fire times went down but my live fire times improved. Now I just do the out of battery trick an squishy the trigger. I also have a old mag the is weighted with inert weights to get the gun to realistic gaming weight.

I still get the SIRT out from time to time but it's for checking that my trigger manipulation is still on par

User

Default Re: dry firing with glock

Someone asked (much) earlier if the G-sight and Dryfiremag could be used at same time: answer is sadly not.

See here for more details of both, in one convenient video:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5