User

Default Sabatti 300WM Box Magazine Conversion - Resurrecting Old Thread - With Eye Candy

Hi guys,

I posted a thread around this topic a while ago - sadly almost 500 views and 0 replies later, I'm not better off as yet.

I'm trying to solve a riddle, one which involves a relatively rare rifle and a desire to achieve god-tier Recon Sniper status :P

I've got a Sabatti Tactical in 300.WM and often find myself thinking - what do I do the next time my life is threatened by a herd of 10 Jackal, 1600m away, and I only have 3 rounds in the magazine???

While some would recommend calling it a day when faced by this seemingly survivable confrontation, I choose instead to ensure that I have a healthy supply of 5-round detachable box magazines readily available (I would only need two at most - with one round to warm the tube another for a warning shot, of course) - preferably in AICS format.

In my pursuit of happiness and in order to fulfill this desperate need, and also, quite humbly put - I am in need of advice...

Does anyone know of, or have any suggestions as to the path to take for:

1. Which detachable box magazine conversion kit would be best suited for this rifle - no-one makes one purpose-built for the long action (I've searched) - dimensions seem close to Rem700 Long Action however - do I bastardize a Rem700 LA DBM kit?!
    2. A gunsmith in Cape Town competent enough to trust with performing the potential stock and action work required to make the thing fit
    3. Any other reasonable recommendations / suggestions

Thanks for taking the time to read the above, as promised, some eye-candy:

P.S - Please note the lack of a 5-round detachable box magazine kit

20160319_110035.jpg
    16425842_10154124924601246_1693569259985716118_n.jpg

20160417_131720.jpg
    20151107_155602.jpg

20160703_121946.jpg

User

Default Re: Sabatti 300WM Box Magazine Conversion - Resurrecting Old Thread - With Eye Candy

You can try Michael or Geoffery Baraball. They have done custom bottom metals to take AI mags, or Bullet Central(Terry Harrison)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Sabatti 300WM Box Magazine Conversion - Resurrecting Old Thread - With Eye Candy

Quote Originally Posted by Bonedoc View Post
    You can try Michael or Geoffery Baraball. They have done custom bottom metals to take AI mags, or Bullet Central(Terry Harrison)
    thank you kindly!

User

The chaps at Sabatti will be on National holiday tomorrow

With a bit of luck I may get an answer from them next week regarding your quest

User

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    The chaps at Sabatti will be on National holiday tomorrow

With a bit of luck I may get an answer from them next week regarding your quest

Much obliged Sir!

After taking some "rough" measurements of the current bottom plate on the ol' Batti, the specs are roughly in line with what I've managed to find online for Remington 700 LA aftermarket kits.

In particular the M5 part from Badger Ordnance : http://www.badgerordnance.com/trigge...er-magnum.html which has an eye-to-eye width within half a millimeter on the action screws and a millimeter shy of the breadth.

I'm hoping that I might find this to be the case with similar products, such as the one from Disen Engineering for example.

the hunt continues...

Banned

I sent an email to Sabatti. Have not heard from them yet.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    I sent an email to Sabatti. Have not heard from them yet.
    Thanks for the assist, hopefully they are more responsive than I've experienced in the past.

Murdinand if you have a look on fb Mg riflestocks, he has made some for remingtons, i am sure he could make you one aswell all he needs is the stock and a magazine.