Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: 1st and 2nd impression: Shadow 2

I got to shoot one last year. The only complaint I had was the flat safety lever. I see an extended lever is available. Probably not an issue in IPSC Production Div where you start hammer down, but that's not what I would get it for.

So yes, she is a sweet girl.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Theunsb View Post
    Spares, snags, dislikes and reliability?

Considering one myself.
    I had no issues getting spare mags or spare springs and parts. Priced very well so it will not break the Bank to much.

Handled and drooled over one today at S & O. Flat safety lever and grips need replacement with bigger back strap to really impress me, any pointers? Shadow 1 safety excellent. Those in the know what is better in 2 over 1 not trying to be negative but my knowledge of CZ is CZ75 pre-B limited.

Handled and drooled over one today at S & O. Flat safety lever and grips need replacement with bigger back strap to really impress me, any pointers? Shadow 1 safety excellent. Those in the know what is better in 2 over 1 not trying to be negative but my knowledge of CZ is CZ75 pre-B limited.
    Check the box. Mine has the flat safety fitted, but the wider one is the box, if I want to fit it.

I also run a CZ75 pre-B. I have shot my Shadow 2 often at clubs shoots (still waiting for license).
    Shooting the Shadow 2 vs Pre-B is a huge difference. Recoil, sights, accuracy, trigger. The Shadow 2 gives me confidence that 1000’s of rounds through the Pre-B has not given me.

Have not had the opportunity to shoot the Shadow 1 back to back with the Shadow 2, hoping to get the opportunity soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I really like the flat safeties.... why would you prefer the extended ones?

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Check the box. Mine has the flat safety fitted, but the wider one is the box, if I want to fit it.

I also run a CZ75 pre-B. I have shot my Shadow 2 often at clubs shoots (still waiting for license).
    Shooting the Shadow 2 vs Pre-B is a huge difference. Recoil, sights, accuracy, trigger. The Shadow 2 gives me confidence that 1000’s of rounds through the Pre-B has not given me.

Have not had the opportunity to shoot the Shadow 1 back to back with the Shadow 2, hoping to get the opportunity soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I own an SP01 .. the 2 does feel better in hand and I'm sure after a few hundred rounds the stock trigger will be better than mine.

That said, the SP01 is no slouch!

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post

Personal choice with simple results with slide locks and safeties.

User

If they’re in the right place for you they make an awesome index point. I used the SP01 safeties on my Shadow because they were perfectly positioned for me. Whereas the factory extend safeties sat to low

The extended safeties are a shot show for me on the shadow 2. Not sure if the SP01 safeties will fit a shadow 2 though.

User

As always, it depends on the purpose you use the pistol for.
    For disciplines like IPSC Porduction division and similar, where you usually start the string with the hammer down, the safety can be small.
    For all the other disciplines where you start cocked and on safe, a nice big safety lever that can be used as a thumb rest is very nice and fast.

User

Not to mention the stages where you start with the gun lying on a table or such.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2