Default Tactical Chassis For Tikka T3 6.5x55mm (Long Action)

I would like to draw on this forum's vast and profound experience for some Tactical advice...

I'm looking for a Tactical Chassis for my Tikka T3 6.5x55mm (Long Action) Super Varmint. I intend to use it for long range shooting competitions.

I would be interested in chassis like:

Accuracy International
    GRS Bolthorn
    XLR
    MDT

Could I ask if anyone of have bought or imported these, and give me some advice for possible best dealers?

Default Re: Tactical Chassis For Tikka T3 6.5x55mm (Long Action)

Ive imported a MDT HS3 chasis, rear stock and magazines. Earlier this year from MDT.
    No issues. Very Very happy with it.
    I wanted to support local guys who make.
    It does not remotely compare in quality and most important price.

Even with DHL shipping and Import Custom VAT + 15% was still way cheaper then local made stuff. And you have much more options on imported stuff.

Note you cant import from MDT USA. You need to order from Canada branch. USA cant ship to us. Canada can. Export permit from Canada is free.

And its cheaper to buy in Canada. As the Canadian dollar is cheaper to Rand.
    The Canadian website and US site shows same Dollar Price. But in Canada you pay Canadian. About 40% cheaper then US dollar.

User

I have also just bought a Tikka T3, but the Hunter in 260 Rem, in fact only got it yesterday, so not yet shot. I am also looking at a chassis. Have you seen the Warrior range, the Gen 3 looks rather interesting. Shooty, what did you pay at the end of the day for the MDT?

User

I can highly recommend the Warrior chassis. They are pretty epic and come in at a respectable price point. The newer gen 3 version may be applicable to you. I have looked at the MDT options and the build quality is pretty much the same as Warrior. I do think the Warrior chassis is a better option from a design perspective with regards to the rear end and versatility, but thats just my take on it. A chassis just looks weird when you have all aluminium and then add a plastic AR stock to it. But all will depend on your application. There are many different types of long range shooting. The GRS stocks are nice but would be more susceptible to bumps and nicks. Unfortunately the AI chassis is only made for the Rem700 footprint, which I don't think will fit the Tikka.