Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Snowflakes

User

Default Re: Snowflakes

I think Plato also said something with almost the exact same meaning. I cannot recall his exact words. A now-retired former colleague had a small poster on his desk with the words.

Anyway, having to pay the first utility bill is such a shock to the system.......

User

I don't doubt that Plato said something similar: every older generation is horrified by the decadence of the younger one (and we happily forget all the questionable things we did when we were young)

The thing is, we who have fought or have been carrying on the legacy of those who have fought make the snowflakes possible. And it's OK! It means: we succeeded in creating a secure environment. However, it will not last. One of the snowflake-generations will have to man up and fight, the succeeding generation (of the winning side) will name them "The Generation Of Heroes" or something similar, just as what happened after WWII. When those guys and gals went to the war, they were just regular guys and gals. We who came after them made them heroes, what they (quite heroically) did was what they were supposed to do: some were born heroes, some collapsed like cheap garden stools, some didn't ever see any real action. But the thing is, this is how the world works.

Yes, I'm pissed-off at those spineless whiny bastards, but this is the world we created.

User

Couple of quotes that come to mind.

Hi Guys.
    I blame it all on Facebook.
    But then again, I'm over 70 and having 'originated' in the UK, I've seen a lot of "Snowflakes" in my time.
    Have a great Christmas and a wonderful 2018.
    Regards.
    Keith.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    How do any of us react to blanket descriptive terms for whatever group we fall under?

And I’ve seen more snowflake behaviour from middle aged white men on GS Facebook than any millennial I’ve ever dealt with.
    Bah humbug!

Buy a Land-Rover... learn to let the mocking and ridicule run off your back like a duck's water.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Bah humbug!

Buy a Land-Rover... learn to let the mocking and ridicule run off your back like a duck's water.
    Why would you let a duck pee on your back?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Bah humbug!

Just sell the land rover and there will be no more water in your car to run of your back

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3