User

Default RHT vs Trijicon HD XR

Anybody have some experience with both for EDC? The only complaint I’ve seen on the HD XRs is the sharp edging. Considering that the majority of EDC use is arguably within a very short distance - I recall Mark Human saying that of the last 330 gunfights his unit has had, +-290 were within five foot.

User

Default Re: RHT vs Trijicon HD XR

You should be well prepared for the majority and the exceptions. You should be able to place shots at 25m with both of you do your job.
    The fibres may let you do that a bit faster in perfect light but I like tritium for EDC

User

I have an old set of Meprolights on my G17 (like 10+ years old, so they are on the dim side). Recently added an Olight PL2 to the FA and find that when the light is activated it completely overpowers the tritium in the sights.

Net result is that instead of little glowing dots I now have black blobs and a crappy sight picture (the rear notch isn't wide enough to provide a good amount of light alongside the fat front sight post - I imagine this is a fairly common problem with tritium sights owing to the vial in which the gas is stored).

However, when I hold the light under my CZ and activate it, the FOs that are on this FA "glow" very impressively as they gather the WML's light. I thus plan on replacing the G17's Mepros with a set of 3% sights (FO front, black rear), to take advantage of the better sight picture and more purpose-driven "sighting system".

Considering the 3% sights will come in at around R1k and the PL2 was R2k, it's still cheaper than the Trijicon HDs would be and I have FAR greater versatility than I have with only tritium sights.

User

I have found the same, with WML mounted you can not see night sight glow. Both have their own uses though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk