Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Motivating a .22LR

Hi All,

Thanks for all the info. I don't have dedicated hunter status yet but working towards that for next year. Spoke to DFO and to KZNHCA and it seems that a .22LR for vermin and unprotected wildlife control is feasible plus target practice for improving hunting skills.

So thinking I may go this route with no reference to sport shooting. Alternative is sport shooting through NHSA...

User

When motivating for varminting, do mention the specific species, distances and places you are going to shoot (hunt). Also explain why the 22LR is most suited to the purpose, including basic ballistic data. You could mention that it will also be used for cheap practise (on a range). This is still part of hunting preparations. Add some proof of activities, such as membership of NHSA and maybe a letter (or 2) of permission to hunt those same species.

DH status will be beneficial. I can not see how one could be satisfied with owning a mere 200 rounds of 22LR ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    When motivating for varminting, do mention the specific species, distances and places you are going to shoot (hunt). Also explain why the 22LR is most suited to the purpose, including basic ballistic data. You could mention that it will also be used for cheap practise (on a range). This is still part of hunting preparations. Add some proof of activities, such as membership of NHSA and maybe a letter (or 2) of permission to hunt those same species.

DH status will be beneficial. I can not see how one could be satisfied with owning a mere 200 rounds of 22LR ammo.
    Thanks, that's the route I think I will go. I have most that information in motivation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2