Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Re - Licensing for individuals: Who is against it?

I think it is a waste of time and money, with very little or no purposes, and that it actually places so much additional stress on CFR, to the point where it compromises the ability of CFR to properly administer the FCA in total.

Who here is in favour of this?

Who is against it?

Default Re: Re - Licensing for individuals: Who is against it?

If relicencing had the requirement that the firearm be inspected by the DFO as well then I could perhaps see the purpose.

At present the only purpose it serves is a meagre income, which is entirely overshadowed by administration costs.

I’m fully against the concept.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Sorry, trying to reply on my phone, half my reply got lost somehow.

Re-licensing seems to put a huge amount of pressure on CFR.

It seems in part due to the re-licensing being treated the same as a new application (new motivation, re-submission of various documents, etc).

Re-licensing of drivers license seems to be treated as just an administrative job. Fill in form, pay fee, get new license card.

Ideally we never have to renew licenses, but I doubt whether we will get there. Maybe having the system change to a system similar to renewing drivers license can be a better alternative???

If newsletter 13-23 from Natshoot is correct, then it seems that renewals are now processed by provincial offices instead of central. A tiny step in the right direction?
    Last edited by carleng; 12-12-2017 at 09:43. Reason: See bold text

User

The way it is done is merely an administrative overhead on an organization struggling to even cope with the base workload of new applications.

Against.

By Licensing the Individual would that mean that Firearms are then only registered to that individual IE walk into gun shop purchase firearm validate that the individual is Licensed and then register firearm to individual and leave shop with firearm ??

Im gonna be against it. If your licensed how do they then check when yo ugo to buy again. If you might have become criminal or something else prohibiting you from owning.

User

I'm all for it... with a 3 day waiting period so the shop can run checks ensure DSS is up to date and other circumstances like criminal behavior etc hasn't changed.
    So not quite walk in and out. More like wait a week...

User

Guys I think the OP needs to clarify, but what I read he is referring to the current license renewals, not licensing of individuals - very different concepts.

@MTTSS?

This is not about licencing an individual and registering guns.

It is about the need to re-licence firearms already licensed.

Re licensing is an epic waste of time and money and does not really achieve a purpose. It places significant drain on already strained (on their own version) police resources with little to no impact on crime, other than perhaps creating new "criminals" who neglect to re licence in time.

I do not have a material difficulty with the renewal of competencies with some reservations.

The criminal record check can be quickly done in station with existing equipment like Morphotouch. Its good enough to deprive people of their liberty at roadblocks etc, it should be good enough for this purpose.

There should be no further need for interviews or other crap like that which has no value.

It also provides an easy opportunity for the DFO to verify address with the same documents that FICA requires.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    This is not about licencing an individual and registering guns.

It is about the need to re-licence firearms already licensed.

Re licensing is an epic waste of time and money and does not really achieve a purpose. It places significant drain on already strained (on their own version) police resources with little to no impact on crime, other than perhaps creating new "criminals" who neglect to re licence in time.

I do not have a material difficulty with the renewal of competencies with some reservations.

The criminal record check can be quickly done in station with existing equipment like Morphotouch. Its good enough to deprive people of their liberty at roadblocks etc, it should be good enough for this purpose.

There should be no further need for interviews or other crap like that which has no value.

It also provides an easy opportunity for the DFO to verify address with the same documents that FICA requires.
    This

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast