User

Default Mounting an Aimpoint Micro.

I recently acquired an Aimpoint Micro in a trade, I am planning on mounting it on a S & W mod 19, using a Weigand mount.
    http://www.jackweigand.com/swhpmnt.html
    Before ordering the mount, I would like to know whether the integral mount on the Aimpoint will fit on the Weigand (Picattiny style) mount?

Also, while I'm asking stupid questions, what is the difference between a Picattiny and a Weaver base?

Default Re: Mounting an Aimpoint Micro.

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    Before ordering the mount, I would like to know whether the integral mount on the Aimpoint will fit on the Weigand (Picattiny style) mount?

Also, while I'm asking stupid questions, what is the difference between a Picattiny and a Weaver base?
    The optic will fit the Weigand if it’s a picatinny rail.
    There may be other differences in some dimensions but the main difference between picatinny and weaver is the shape of the cross-slot. Weaver has a rounded base while picatinny is square.

User

Default Re: Mounting an Aimpoint Micro.

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Preacher View Post
    The optic will fit the Weigand if it’s a picatinny rail.
    There may be other differences in some dimensions but the main difference between picatinny and weaver is the shape of the cross-slot. Weaver has a rounded base while picatinny is square.
    Thanks. According to Weigand it is a combination Weaver, Picatinny mount.