my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default DOCUMENTARY: 500 Miles - The Story of Ranchers and Horses

Filmed and Created by: Heroes and Horses

The purpose of this innovative short film is to start a new, universally-understood conversation around the necessity of struggle, challenge and perseverance as they relate to creating meaning in one's life - without one, you cannot have the other. The 500 Miles film communicates the importance of this concept by telling the story of the un-purposed wild mustang and the un-purposed veteran, following both as they learn to face and navigate challenges, with the ultimate goal of discovering what their greater purpose in life is. For these mustangs, the arduous 500 mile journey through New Mexico and Arizona was their purpose-defining challenge, but we all have our own version of a "500 mile journey". It's the moments in life when we choose to buck up instead of give up. When we choose to take the unbeaten path instead of the easy road. It's the moments that force us to take a hard look at ourselves, and the decisions we have been making, and decide if we have been letting life happen to us, or for us.

So, the question is: What's your 500?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Default Re: DOCUMENTARY: 500 Miles - The Story of Ranchers and Horses

Hi KK

I had an opportunity which I did not take, I was told all will be well and I am "safe". Reality bit me and I was Retrenched because I did not want to relocate. It's 3 months since but I am not giving up, applying everyday. It's times like this when true friends stand by you. I'm not looking for sympathy but hanging in there to fight another day. Sad reality is it is not what you know but who you know.

User

Default Re: DOCUMENTARY: 500 Miles - The Story of Ranchers and Horses

KK...Yes,i would like to think that i made choices in life,some right and some hopelessly wrong. Trying to do the right thing led me on a journey [figuratively speaking of only 250 miles] and this has brought me to where i am today.

What i got out of your post was once your choices are made you can plan the journey,even if only on a day to day basis.

But,i believe that,without a choice being offered,a 'journey' can be forced on you at any time.This can be caused by a financial knock,death or illness in the family,war or a host of other factors.

This is the true test.....an unexpected series of short journeys.Then again,a mans life from birth to death could be described as a 500 mile journey.

Then you get the parasites who cover the 500 miles piggy backing on others.

Oh hell,not sure if i am making much sense...but ja,there is a lot of food for thought in your post.