Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Ruger Introduces the New Security-9 Semi-Auto Pistol

For the last 35 years I was of the belief, that Ruger can only make strong & durable revolvers.
    My S&W 29 lockup was terrible after 2000 rds but my Ruger 44magnum was a durable revolver.
    Never liked their pistols or rifles (77).
    But lately I purchased a very cheap Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor- planning to put an aftermarket barrel on & change the trigger etc.
    But I was pleasantly surprised that after the second outing this rifle was shooting 0.21 MOA (5x5 average) which is exceptional accuracy for a factory rifle.
    Not even my Accuracy International rifles can achieve that!
    Only some of my custom rifles can equal that accuracy.
    The Cheap Ruger All American in 300 BLK achieve 0.6 MOA with handloads.
    So .... they are doing something right.
    Hopefully their pistols would follow suit.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

So... Ruger made an SD9...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Banned

I think the Ruger Security 9 is designed to go against the Walther Creed in the economy self defense pistol market, here in the US. The Security 9 is hammer fired, much like the Ruger LC9 and the aforementioned Walther Creed.
    Only time will tell concerning the Security 9. Should I have the opportunity to fire one, I'll let ya'll know how it performs.

Ruger has had a less than stellar reception amongst US shooters when it comes to Ruger's full-size autos. The exception being the SR1911 series. Ruger's 1911s are extremely well thought of in the US.

The SR series was luke-warm at best, although the SR9C is very well thought of amongst the concealed carry crowd. The SR series are very good pistols, but Ruger fell flat on it's face, failing to aggressively market them.

The new Ruger American pistols are excellent, especially the American Compact 9mm. I've shot the Compact 9mm w/ the manual safety and can attest that it is an excellent shooter with excellent ergos. Ruger's marketing of the American line has been quite good and people are starting to take notice of the American line.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I’ll get crucified for this, but I honestly don’t agree that the P07 is the better gun between the two.
    Out the box, I think the PO7 is better mainly due to the trigger. With the Apex kit I think I gets much better, but I think the PO7 still has what most would call a better trigger. That said I've now got 5 handguns and the SD9 is still my favorite to shoot, and carry.

Now what I know will get me crucified is it might not be the best but it is my go to and the one I shoot the best, probably because of trigger time.

Now, let me not detail this thread any longer.

WRT SR9, ibe always thought it looks like a mix of the Steyr M9 & Arsennal Strike One.

User

I have a few Ruger's......by accident and not design. I didn't set out to own a bunch.....just happened.

60's Ruger .44 Magnum Carbine.... excellent rifle

.22 Ruger MkII pistol........excellent pistol...............except for takedown and reassembly. Iconic.

Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum.....excellent revolver. Iconic.

(2) Ruger 10/22's....... superb little rifles. Iconic.

Ruger Precision Rifle 6.5 Creedmoor........excellent rifle, especially for the price!

9mm Ruger P85 pistol............................................ ............................. ok, um......................................

Actually, while this pistol has a crap trigger and the lines are not what one would call graceful, it actually shoots okay and is a total workhorse that will never let you down. I've never had that sucker fail to fire. It is also very large so it presents a fearsome image and scares attackers away just by them looking at it. So it has that going for it.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Ruger is making 9mm carbine using Glock mags !!
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3