Default Bernardelli model 60

Good day I was offered a Bernardelli M60 today as it is just safe queen now. How good are these guns because I have never heard of them also you dont get much info on them. Hope someone here can assist me

User

Default Re: Bernardelli model 60

I had one in .22 years ago. Similar to Walther PP, but not double action. It was well manufactured and accurate, but not always reliable. Spares could be a problem. Maybe take it shooting before you accept the gift. With the hassle involved in licensing, that should not be seen as ungrateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    I had one in .22 years ago. Similar to Walther PP, but not double action. It was well manufactured and accurate, but not always reliable. Spares could be a problem. Maybe take it shooting before you accept the gift. With the hassle involved in licensing, that should not be seen as ungrateful.
    I think I should go shoot it like you said but handeled the gun it feels like a good gun. This one is 7.65mm so should be fun to shoot

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

7,65mm should not be underestimated. It isn't a 9mmP but it's also not useless. Capable of good penetration. Ammo is becoming harder to find and costs more than 9mmP. I just bought a Walther PPK in .32ACP under sec 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre in Alberton View Post
    7,65mm should not be underestimated. It isn't a 9mmP but it's also not useless. Capable of good penetration. Ammo is becoming harder to find and costs more than 9mmP. I just bought a Walther PPK in .32ACP under sec 16.
    Yes Andre the 7.65mm is a caliber that should not be underestimated. I have shot this one today and it shoots very tight for so a small gun. A PPK is also on my list of guns to own do the line

I shot the PPK twice last week on NHSA pocket pistol targets at 5m. First time out I did a 50/50. Second time out the best I did was 48/50. That is really not bad. That fixed barrel makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre in Alberton View Post
    I shot the PPK twice last week on NHSA pocket pistol targets at 5m. First time out I did a 50/50. Second time out the best I did was 48/50. That is really not bad. That fixed barrel makes a big difference.
    That score is fantastic. I think I wont be shooting competitions with this one

I checked today around in town for ammo and both our places have and the one shop sells 25 for R160