Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: 9mm AR Glock mags options?

Quote Originally Posted by PeetvdW View Post
    Running the Troy M5 now. Did 2x club shoots and classifier with it. Runs great and if you want to practice for AR, it really works well as you can C clamp it like the real thing. Just feels funny to grab a pistol mag to change. Also no lock back after last shot.
    Did timney 3.5lbs trigger as standard trigger is like normal 2 stage mil spec. Added a BCM A44 charge handle and magpull MOE SL grip and stock and for optics opted for the Vortex AR sparc.

Just a lot of carbon that blows back, so will have to keep it clean over multi day matches. I would anyway. Will give a proper feedback after NNATS.
    Great feedback, thank you.

User

Haha....forgot about the Troy M5. it's at the LGS, must license it soon .
    shot club matches with it.....running my normal 147gr FP Frontiers 9mm pistol loads. no issues.
    changed a few things as well...15" handguard, charge handle, stock, grip...etc
    barrel came threaded 5/8"x24, I modified a JM 308 brake to fit. unfortunately I don't think there's enough pressure for the muzzle brake to work. little muzzle movement to begin with but more than my ar15 race gun . Geissele S3G didn't work nicely with it....trigger fail to reset sometimes...the fully adjustable ZEVTech trigger worked well, but not at its most "crisp" setting. good enough tho!

overall, happy with my purchase. a few non-AR PCC options available, but IMHO yet to see one that can match the AR platform for gaming....ergo/parts available....etc
    not even the MP5

User

What is your thoughts on the CMMG Guard and is it available in SA?
    Saw a 7.62 at Hailstorm but would like the 9mm more.

User

I also saw the New Frontier at Dave Sheer. Looks good but I am new to the AR scene so please share your experiences. I would like a AR in 9mm.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodedHoodlum View Post
    Out of curiosity, does a RONI qualify in this division for either IPSC or idpa?
    I have competed in a 3 Gun Nation (IPSC) with a Roni as my carbine... I suppose it depends on the organizers/RO's and level of competition...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2