Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X

Default Re: Glock 19X

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    When world+dog cuts down 17s to take 19 mags, or 19s to take 26 mags, it completely escapes me why they'd go and do exactly the opposite... IMHO the idea that the "compactness" of a pistol resides in the slide as opposed to the grip length is as ancient as to put tiny petal bits on top of the slide and call then "sights". I fail to see what advantage a fullsize frame with a short slide affords the user.

Of course, these will sell in their millions because Glock
    I can only speak for myself but I struggle a bit with a regular #19 because its grip is too short for my hands. This thing might suit me perfectly. A full size grip on a compact pistol sounds good to me. I take the point about concealability though, this arrangement makes sense to me.

User

This say it best!

Quote Originally Posted by La Morte View Post
    This say it best!

Interesting. What most people don't realize is that operators have a specific habit of down loading their mags by about two rounds for reliable feeding... This extended frame makes it effectively a 15 rounder for them which works out rather nicely

User

I held a 19X today, and I must say it felt "great in the hands". hahaha.

Would love to still shoot one, when I can compare it next to my 19 Gen5(When I get it), but maybe I rather shouldn't.......

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    Interesting. What most people don't realize is that operators have a specific habit of down loading their mags by about two rounds for reliable feeding... This extended frame makes it effectively a 15 rounder for them which works out rather nicely
    Which operators do this?

User

The SEAL's apparently did.

Just out of interest compare a Glock 19 mag to say a 15 round Beretta mag. The Beretta is around 12 mm longer for the same capacity.

User

Given all the internet chatter about why Glock chose to go with a 19-long instead of a 17-short it might come as a bit of a surprise to some to hear that the 19X has sold over 100 000 units in the US in just 180 days.

That is supremely impressive and goes to show that maybe Gaston does have a bit of a clue about what he's doing.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...kly+Newsletter

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Given all the internet chatter about why Glock chose to go with a 19-long instead of a 17-short it might come as a bit of a surprise to some to hear that the 19X has sold over 100 000 units in the US in just 180 days.

That is supremely impressive and goes to show that maybe Gaston does have a bit of a clue about what he's doing.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...kly+Newsletter
    Because purple insides.

User

Will the Glock 19X fall into SSP or CCP in IPDA? Not much info on the web...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast