Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Ask yourself which Colt have sold more of. Commanders or CCO’s. If you haven’t heard of a CCO that’s an answer in itself
    Which is the second honest reason (coming back to my first post). It will sell, well, so it's a good business move for Glock.

Objectively however, I remain to be convinced the long-grip-short-slide is better than any of the "parent" options.

User

Default Re: Glock 19X

I've been doing it....G19 with +2 shoe or 17 rnd mag with/with out X-Grip haha.

Glock 19 is plenty good enough...
    Just ask MARSOC/Delta/Seals.

having said that....I will buy one because coyote brown because Glock slut.

Banned

A Glock fanboy that owns a g19 g5, and has a g17 mag for his g19 will find a reason why he needs this gun and will buy it

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Which is the second honest reason (coming back to my first post). It will sell, well, so it's a good business move for Glock.

Objectively however, I remain to be convinced the long-grip-short-slide is better than any of the "parent" options.
    The market seems to like
    P30
    VP9
    320 Carry
    PPQ

And the grand daddy

The Commander.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    The market seems to like
    P30
    VP9
    320 Carry
    PPQ

And the grand daddy

The Commander.
    I'd say the American market does. Exactly because of the Colt Commander. Which remains a subjective but nonetheless compelling reason, and a good business case.

It still isn't an objective reason why it's better, or even preferable, to a G17 or a G19.

User

I like this a whole lot more than I should.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I'd say the American market does. Exactly because of the Colt Commander. Which remains a subjective but nonetheless compelling reason, and a good business case.

It still isn't an objective reason why it's better, or even preferable, to a G17 or a G19.

Our market too. And from a business point of view you are an idiot if you don’t sell what sells , as opposed to what the internet’s asks for and doesn’t buy.

Duty users report the shorter top end is more comfortable on their belt, in and out of cars etc while offering a full size grip.

In some ways the shorter slide will act like a lightened slide with regards flip.

Will work really well AIWB for some. I find the 19 form factor about ideal for me AIWB while the 17 offers more in pants bulk than I would like. This gives you 19 bulk in the pants married to a full length grip which isn’t a catastrophe to conceal aiwb for many.

If you carry OWB you need a shorter covering garment than a full size.

If you carry IWB some find the lesser bulk situation to apply like aiwb.

I’m not saying it’s the second coming. I’m saying this form factor has become popular and users seem to find it useful.

While you don’t have to buy one , many will. And I will put a lot of money in the fact that many more people will actually go to a shop and buy one of those than would buy a 19L form factor

User

The 19L would not be something for me personally.

Would changing or reshaping a G17 magazine to fit/look purpose made for the G19 not have been easier? Having asked this question, I still like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The 19L would not be something for me personally.

Would changing or reshaping a G17 magazine to fit/look purpose made for the G19 not have been easier? Having asked this question, I still like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Changing the mag makes something "custom" for this gun, where one of Glock's pioneering innovations were mags that work across different size guns. So keeping the fullsize grip makes sense then.

I get BigT's argument about duty use, especially for OWB / drop leg carry. And I've argued about selling something the market wants. G42 (which was a brilliant move by Glock) and S&W's new "compact" are two excellent examples of that.

I can see the use of it, and many manufacturers make this form factor so there has to be a market for it. Also it's probably easier to make a 19L out of a 17, in the bigger market probably more so than here.

Wonder if I was the only one hoping for a single stack G19?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast