Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Ruger PC Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Vier View Post
    Revitalization of an old thread. Who has one of these? Some feedback would be appreciated.
    I got one recently. Just put 1 mag through it. Not much to report, except that I like it a lot.

Some US forums report issues with a bent ejector. It looks quite flimsy and can by bent by shoving the mag in hard. So take care with your speed mag changes. Fortunately the spare mag adaptor comes with a new ejector.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    I got one recently. Just put 1 mag through it. Not much to report, except that I like it a lot.

Some US forums report issues with a bent ejector. It looks quite flimsy and can by bent by shoving the mag in hard. So take care with your speed mag changes. Fortunately the spare mag adaptor comes with a new ejector.
    Thanks. If I might ask. Price and where you purchased?

User

Thanks. If I might ask. Price and where you purchased?
    My local Wildman had them for 15k. Not cheap, but there are not too many floating around, so I grabbed one while it was available.

User

Revitalization of an old thread. Who has one of these? Some feedback would be appreciated.
    Got to shoot it a bit more. Round count standing at 150 so far. I only used my own reloads, consisting of a 124gn cast lead bullet (Lee 120 TC mould) with powder coating and propelled with S221. Perfect feeding so far. I used Glock (gen 4) 19-shot mags.

I first checked the zero on the factory sights at 30m. They are spot-on. Then mounted an old Tasco Pro-Point and zeroed it. It managed a 1" 5-shot group at 30m from a supported sitting position. Not properly bench-rested. I am happy. I suspect better bullets may produce a better group from a good rest.

Consider me impressed. I may consider mounting a low-power variable scope on this one, considering the groupings it has produced so far.

User

Got to shoot it a bit more. Round count standing at 150 so far. I only used my own reloads, consisting of a 124gn cast lead bullet (Lee 120 TC mould) with powder coating and propelled with S221. Perfect feeding so far. I used Glock (gen 4) 19-shot mags.

I first checked the zero on the factory sights at 30m. They are spot-on. Then mounted an old Tasco Pro-Point and zeroed it. It managed a 1" 5-shot group at 30m from a supported sitting position. Not properly bench-rested. I am happy. I suspect better bullets may produce a better group from a good rest.

Consider me impressed. I may consider mounting a low-power variable scope on this one, considering the groupings it has produced so far.
    The Ruger PCC is a sleeper. Great little gun for the price. PCC guns are expensive.

If you are going to shoot PCC matches stick with the RDS. PCC is a fast paced sport.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    The Ruger PCC is a sleeper. Great little gun for the price. PCC guns are expensive.

If you are going to shoot PCC matches stick with the RDS. PCC is a fast paced sport.
    I want to use it for the PCC match in Pin Shooting. Here, a little magnification won't hurt, as the targets are small. The fat part of a bowling pin is quite a bit smaller than the A-zone on an IPSC target. Anyhow, if I do get a scope, it will be a variable with 1x magnification at the bottom of the range, just to be able to utilize the handiness of the little carbine on close and fast targets.

User

Reviving an old(er) thread...

Does anybody have an update on this Ruger PC9, rilfe and how it shoots, plus what the advantages and disadvantages of it are (per your findings and experience)?

Also, please let me know who stocks them and what the approximate price is for them (or was at the time you bought it).

FYI, I see from Google and Youtube that Ruger now has around 3 models... all take-down models and all in 9mmP calibre. The (a) first one seems to be a more regular looking rifle with a glass-type stock; (b) the second one with a more traditional butt and stock, but with an AR-style handrail; and (c) the third with an AR style adjustable but and an AR-style handrail... all of this makes it look really interesting!!

User

PS. See the link to a fairly recent update on the Ruger options (per YouTube):

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Have you seen the Ruger PC Charger? Google it. Apparently making it as a pistol/handgun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Have you seen the Ruger PC Charger? Google it. Apparently making it as a pistol/handgun.
    Thanks bud.

This just looks like a really short-barrelled version on the Ruger PC9 (but with a 6.5" barrel, instead of their usual 16" barrels).

I personally don't really like the look of it, but for those who are interested, here is a link to a review of the Ruger PC Charger:--

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast