Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: The definite 308win bullet choice thread.

The Pro Amm is not pretty but with a slightly thicker jacket and at the speeds you intend shooting them I think that it will be the pick of the lot as far as terminal performance goes.
    I have assisted many people with reloading pro-amm's and have never battled with accuracy.

User

Quote Originally Posted by RAY92 View Post
    Yes, I could have saved R90. But I remember something that you wrote:
    "If we stick with the normal cup and core bullets, and trying to meet the needs, there is no way in HELL I would chose the 180gr Pro-Amm over the 180gr Pro-hunter for R100 less. PMP bullets looks like they are finished off by toddlers, the Sierra stuff are professionally made, look and shoot the part. If the price difference was more only then would I consider the PMP."
    I remember.

But in recent years Sierra have become so expensive they cost almost as much as premium ammo.
    The last few years they had problems in stock availability because Obama f@cked everything up.

I hate pmp, for reasons mentioned, but for bushveld hunting they kill more animals each year than all the premiums combined, that is why I mentioned it.

Anyways, it's a 308 thread, so it was redundant from the start.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dale SH View Post
    The Pro Amm is not pretty but with a slightly thicker jacket and at the speeds you intend shooting them I think that it will be the pick of the lot as far as terminal performance goes.
    I have assisted many people with reloading pro-amm's and have never battled with accuracy.
    I think with a 308 you can scoop powder directly with the case and it will shoot :)

But agreed, the Pro-amm does work well for the mentioned use, hence even when I don't like it personally I still mentioned it, because advice must go further than personal prejudice.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dale SH View Post
    Interesting, thanks Dale.

Im considering just sticking with 180gr Pro-amms this year. Good thread this. I want to try monolithics but perhaps at a later stage.
    I have never had a 180gr fail to pass through on broadside shots on any game till wildebeest.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4