Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: A good summary of "knockdown power"

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH
    I was been facetious.
    You made me Google that one.... hpy180

Not the way I understood your post initially. I agree that people in the judicial system should have better understanding about the real performance of handgun bullets and what the human body can endure and that multiple shots can actually be the minimum force required in a specific situation.

You made me Google that one.... hpy180

Language: English British? whp Your profile! Ok, ok Ill admit that had to use spell check. hpy71
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Unfortunately the profile does not cater for Afrikaans....Boere Afrikaans..... hpy180

User

If you believe at that momment that a life is in mortal danger
    Neutralize the threat
    IE shoot till the threat is neutralized.

thats way we have 15, 17, 20 round mags.

User

Glock Mag's I presume?

At last! I couldn't agree more. The fallacy that the bigger the bullet the better is nonsense. It stems from an american notion that the bigger the thing is the better. Like hummers and .45's. Unless you place it, it means nothing. A 9mm hollow point will do more damage than a .45. Its simple maths, the more energy transfered to the targets body the more damage! A .45 that wizzes through transfers less energy than a 9mm hollow that comes to a complete halt in the body of the target - FACT! Anyone who disagrees has not done grade 8 science.

Quote Originally Posted by richardfloyd
    A 9mm hollow point will do more damage than a .45. Its simple maths, the more energy transfered to the targets body the more damage!
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

A 9mm hollow point will do more damage than a .45. Its simple maths, the more energy transfered to the targets body the more damage!
    he means a 9mm hollow point will do more damage than a .45 cmj for instance. or better to say will transfer more energy onto target but not necessarily do more damage...

At last! I couldn't agree more. The fallacy that the bigger the bullet the better is nonsense. It stems from an american notion that the bigger the thing is the better. Like hummers and .45's. Unless you place it, it means nothing. A 9mm hollow point will do more damage than a .45. Its simple maths, the more energy transfered to the targets body the more damage! A .45 that wizzes through transfers less energy than a 9mm hollow that comes to a complete halt in the body of the target - FACT! Anyone who disagrees has not done grade 8 science.
    Hi Richard and welcome to gunsite. I've attached a link that may be of interest to you and also recommend you read the initial post in the thread again afterwards:

http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs3.htm
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan
    he means a 9mm hollow point will do more damage than a .45 cmj for instance. or better to say will transfer more energy onto target but not necessarily do more damage...
    I see, so my 30 -06 with a softnose has more "knockdown power" than my .416 Rigby with a solid. :P

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast