Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Farm Attacks 2018

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    https://maroelamedia.co.za/nuus/sa-n...ewe-aangerand/

Article in Afrikaans but I chose to place this for more than information about the attack. Afriforum are to put it mildly, talking kak. They were not there. The men who pitched up to help are not in any way associated with Afriforum. Facts about the firearm taken, etc. are also wrong.
    Mods, if the extra details in my post will cause issues please feel free to edit or remove. If you can keep them here it would be greatly appreciated. I did not want them to chicken wing their way into the incident.
    Article just state they helped in the area, not that they were on scene. Always take these reports with a bag of salt. The reporters talk to a few people via phone, Whatsapp etc and suddenly they have 1st hand account.
    Very few AF people carry any insignia and there is no uniform or branded vehicles. I'm not a member but we have various groups affiliated to them, so if a security group member respond and also report into AF then they may say "members were in the area". Even if 3 guys (card carrying members) in a Hilux searched then their members were there.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfever View Post
    Article just state they helped in the area, not that they were on scene. Always take these reports with a bag of salt. The reporters talk to a few people via phone, Whatsapp etc and suddenly they have 1st hand account.
    If they were in the area they were hiding well. :) None of our people / vehicles saw them.
    I suppose I should let it go now so this thread can get back to serving its purpose.

User

https://maroelamedia.co.za/nuus/sa-n...ewe-aangerand/

I did not want them to chicken wing their way into the incident.
    Show us on the teddybear where Afriforum touched you.

User

Why the hate on Afriforum? They do more for this country than most organizations combined.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by karoo.vellies View Post
    Why the hate on Afriforum? They do more for this country than most organizations combined.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    No hate. Just exposing the fact that they tried to use the suffering of these two old people to further their cause. They were not there. They claimed all over social media to have been. They did not even have the decency after that to offer help - private people paid to have the old man to be moved to a hospital where he will be properly cared for.

User

No hate. Just exposing the fact that they tried to use the suffering of these two old people to further their cause. They were not there. They claimed all over social media to have been. They did not even have the decency after that to offer help - private people paid to have the old man to be moved to a hospital where he will be properly cared for.
    The suffering of farmers is literally one of their causes, by exposing and widely publicizing any farm attack they are creating more awareness to this atrocity. What you are doing on the other hand seems to be counter productive to that, please stop derailing this thread with your personal vendetta against Afriforum.

User

"More _______ ek het regstelling laat doen die media het ons verkeerd aangehaal jammer vir enige ongerief hoop jy vind dit in orde so"
    Afriforum had the problem fixed. The quoted article now reads differently. Thanks Afriforum

User

FARM ATTACK: Sunrella, Gauteng Province. One male victim shot in leg through window while him and his wife were sleeping (Friday night). Wife took victim to hospital during which suspect ransacked house.

FARM ATTACK: Kalkheuvel, Gauteng/NorthWest border. Male victim beaten over head with rock by 4 armed suspects, wife also assaulted with rock and crowbar. 1 Suspect shot dog when dog attacked him. Ransacked house and fled with firearm and cash.

Source: Ian Cameron, Head: AfriForum Community Safety.

User

Ramaphosa still lying on farm murders – IRR Press Release For immediate release 8 November 2018
    https://irr.org.za/media/81-8-novemb...s-08-11-18.pdf

"According to a statement released by Parliament last week, President Ramaphosaresponded to a 2 November Parliamentary question on farm murders as follows: ‘Mycomment during an interview with Bloomberg on 26 September 2018 was inresponse to a tweet by US President Donald Trump which stated that there are“large scale killings of farmers” in South Africa. As I indicated in the interview, and asI continue to maintain, this statement is incorrect and misinformed.’At the time of his comment to Bloomberg the IRR released a statement accusing thePresident of lying. Now we do so again.IRR Project Manager Terence Corrigan says: ‘Because of the small number offarmers in South Africa, it is misleading to quote the number of farm murders andattacks. What must be done is to the quote the farm murder rate. This measures howmany out of every 100 000 farmers are murdered annually.’Corrigan adds: ‘As we have previously stated, and the Presidency is aware, the bestdata was produced by Dr James Myburgh of Politicsweb. According to Myburgh, thePressReleaseFor immediate release8 November 2018Decemb22ewrfwefer22012016farm murder rate in 2016/17 was 52.8/100 000. This compared to the nationalmurder rate of 34/100 000. The national murder rate in turn compared to the rate inAustralia of less 1/100 000 and that in the United States of less than 4/100 000.’The statement that there are ‘large scale killings of farmers’ in South Africa istherefore accurate and correct, Corrigan says.‘A government that cannot accept that fact is a government that does not care aboutthe safety and security of its people – who, like farmers, are being killed at anextraordinary level.’"

User

A man was assaulted and robbed by 5 perps on his farm in Rayton, GP
    https://maroelamedia.co.za/nuus/sa-n...aashek-oorval/

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast