Thread: Which Olight??.

User

Default Which Olight??.

So been looking at a few options,and I have sort of narrowed it down to two options.
    i am looking at either the S2r Baron or the S10111r. If you guys have any experience with either your input would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks in advance.

User

Default Re: Which Olight??.

I have the S2R and as a general purpose edc light I love it. I carry it with me every day. I am rough on my EDC stuff and the light has taken quite a few knocks and dings and still works like a bomb.I live on a farm so don't have access to batteries etc and that is why I bought the rechargeable version. Apparently the non rechargeable gives better performance. Having the ability to charge the light anywhere is worth the compromise for me.
    I like the light so much I just bought the S1R for my wife yesterday.

Having said that, I have two minor issues with the light. The beam is not adjustable. It is permanently on "flood". Again being on the farm I do every now and then wish I could focus the beam on something at a distance.

The on/off button is on the side and can be difficult to locate. I have since become very specific about the positioning of the pocket clip as this helps me index the button. This is where a tail button is useful. But! Having the magnetic tail cap is also fantastic. It is a feature I use frequently enough. Ie looking in the engine bay at night, Changing a spare at night, getting a pump started in the dark. Etc etc.

Overall I love mine. And the decision on which size to get will depend on how much space you have. I don't find the S2R all that big at all.

User

Thanks for the detailed input. I have a light that can focus the beam,but it is just a little too big to be used as an EDC.
    so in essence this would be a second light that could be more practical for day to day use. There is only a few bucks difference between the S10 and the S2r,just not sure if it is worth the spend. Thanks again.

I have been using the older model S2 as my EDC for the last 2 years. Love it and use it every day. I would replace it with the S2R in a heartbeat when it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk