Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: The Sig P320 Everyones opinions

I have a P320 compact in 9mm, I do like it but I’m anxiously waiting for the drop safety fix.

Ive got a spare parts kit, 6 mags and a subcompact grip module for it and a daniels holster. I also had a good experience with the importers, L&O - they fixed a problem in about a week. I really like the ability to change grips from a subcompact to a full size.

Im planning on getting a few 21 round mags this year.

User

Im also waiting just to hear about the trigger upgrade. So far we wil have news on the 15th hoping i can upgrade it straight from the shop where it is stored. How easy is it for you guys to get a spares kit available?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

User

I don't think the fix is going to be a trivial thing. The slides require a fair bit of machining (some slides more than others; I think this is based on how many lightening cuts are already present in the slide). Then there's the addition of the disconnect and the skeletonized parts. All of which should be performed by an armorer (Sig approved?).

I can say with honesty that I don't trust just anyone to perform such a detailed level of work on my EDC gun; especially if that person does not have the experience and the correct tools to perform this upgrade to factory specifications.

In the States the upgrade is performed at the factory - which is where I'd want my changes done if I were to trust my gun.

We're all just waiting on Sig SA now to provide some information.

User

It should be more than just a trigger upgrade.

There should be machining and the addition of a disconnector.

User

I feel for L&O. They had barely brought in their first shipment when this issue dropped (pun intended).

However, I would have liked to see them take more positive action rather than simply posting updates from the mother ship as and when they become available. At the very least they should have tried to collect details of 320 owners.

It doesn't take much to spin up an online capture form. Doing so would have had the following benefits:
    1: Give owners a sense of comfort knowing that the local agent has their details and that they're "on the list"
    2: SIG SA/US get some idea as to how many 320's are in the wild.
    3: SIG can use the data to determine whether it's cheaper for them to import kits or pre-machined slides based on numbers (and breakdown of slide lengths).
    4: SIG does some work in maintaining the reputation of the brand during a crisis.

User

Don't listen to GS staff re the trigger either, looked at one last year as it was on special. At the time I had not seen the new trigger or upgrades, asked the salesman about the drop issue and was told its all sorted out. Realized a few days later after a YouTube video that he was talking through his arse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

All that said, the 320 sub is still my EDC.

I'm very happy with the gun. It serves its purpose which is deeper concealment for my increasingly NPE workplace. Being the prepper that I am I have enough spares and mags for my own level of comfort.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Shouldn't you have asked for opinions BEFORE buying the gun ?
    Asking to hear others experience with it is not unreasonable and the sharing of experiences often results in many useful tips and advice.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    It should be more than just a trigger upgrade.

There should be machining and the addition of a disconnector.
    The should be recalled and taken out of circulation. Fixing a problem like that is is shirking resposibility.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Don't listen to GS staff re the trigger either, looked at one last year as it was on special. At the time I had not seen the new trigger or upgrades, asked the salesman about the drop issue and was told its all sorted out. Realized a few days later after a YouTube video that he was talking through his arse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    As with many fields (cars, IT, etc) people in the trade aren't always the most clued up about the goings-on in the industry.

Buyers should do their own homework rather than accepting the word of sales-counter jockeys.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast