Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: The Sig P320 Everyones opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Preacher View Post
    I don’t think it’s a new striker, I believe it’s the same striker that the X5 has.
    Could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Sorry to resurrect, but just quickly, provided that the Sig P320 is the new version with fixed trigger,

Glock 17 or Sig P320? - as first firearm (home defence and occasional sport shooting)

Opinions please...

User

Quote Originally Posted by mogiZA View Post
    Sorry to resurrect, but just quickly, provided that the Sig P320 is the new version with fixed trigger,

Glock 17 or Sig P320? - as first firearm (home defence and occasional sport shooting)

Opinions please...
    I'm a SIG guy so that's answered...the Glorp boys will tell you to get the G17, AND get new sights and new trigger something-or-other etc etc and buy a few dozen mags because they're so cheap (meanwhile you'll likely not be needing more than 4 if you're only an occasional shooter).

So get the SIG because it'll be good-to-go straight out of the box and if you add up all the extra stuff you'll have to add to the Glorp, it'll be roughly the same cost eventually.

User

Go for gold, go for Glock.
    More accessories and after sale service I rate...

User

You can use the Glock out the box "good-to-go-straight-out-the-box" as well, so dont let that be your deciding factor...

User

Great points, thank you.

I like the idea of good-to-go out the box. As a newbie, I would spend at least a few months shooting as it is out the box and then, as I develop my skill and general firearm aptitude, will look for additional upgrades at a later stage

User

Safari Outdoor is selling Glock 17 Gen3's for only R7795, thats a damn good price for a great firearm. https://www.safarioutdoor.co.za/collections/glock

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Safari Outdoor is selling Glock 17 Gen3's for only R7795, thats a damn good price for a great firearm. https://www.safarioutdoor.co.za/collections/glock
    Thanks for the heads up, Steven. Incidentally, I would've bought a glock 17 gen5 last year already but there was no stock at dealers close by (with close-by dealers being preferred for obvious reasons)

Subsequently, I have researched some "alternatives" and the sig p320 has caught my eye.

User

Im sure the SIG is a great firearm my opinion would be G17 GEN5.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Im sure the SIG is a great firearm my opinion would be G17 GEN5.
    Thanks. I am sure either one would be a decent first firearm.

I suppose it would come down to my personal "feel" of the weapon. I remember liking the 92FS because it looked good and preferring it over the glock for that reason. However, after shooting the two, for me, the glock was much much better.

Similarly, I think as we all tend to do, I developed a bias for the glock, but upon trying the p320, I developed a liking for it too. In contrast, I shot the CZ PO7 and really didn't like it.

What I am saying is that it would be best to actually try the guns out for yourself, problem is that it isn't so cheap and this isn't 'murica where these guns are common...

Anyway,, think I will book a session to shoot glock 17 and p320.

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast