User

Default Licence refused, appeal myself or get lawyer?

Bopape has struck again....

My licence app for a semi auto .22 to be used for DSS was refused. The reason was: "Applicant failed to convince the Registrar why rifles of similar calibre cannot address the need".

I already own a .22 Brno bolt action, but obviously this rifle cannot be used for semi auto events.

Has anyone recently done their own appeal?
    This does not seem difficult, as I can just explain to the Appeals board why the refusal was wrong?

I got a quote from a lawyer to handle the appeal, but it did seem a tad steep... (and Jan is a long month...)

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: Licence refused, appeal myself or get lawyer?

Hello Tobie

I’ve had 2 refusals first one was for a 2nd 303 rifle. I personally appealed and was successful.

Second refusal was for a semi auto 223 rifle. I personally appealed and was not successful - GOSA has jumped in though and taken the matter on judicial review. https://m.facebook.com/groups/247110...857625087&_rdr

I would suggest get hold of GOSA, hoes the 1K (or whatever it is) and let them dish out the lashes to the Bopape. Speak to them if Jan is a long month, but speak to them.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Default Re: Licence refused, appeal myself or get lawyer?

If you want something done right, get a lawyer or professional firearms association/gun rights group to assist you.