Thread: Remora legal?

Default Remora legal?

Morning gents

I'm still on the hunt for a kydex IWB holster that works for me.

To that end, I was reading old GS posts and came upon the post about the MIC holster being legal or not, and it got me thinking about the remora.

I cant remember the exact wording, but regarding holsters the FCA says something along the lines of the handgun must be carried in a holster or holder designed for an FA, and attached to the person.

Now my std clipless remora doesn't move at all during the day (Ok, maybe a little bit when i drive), and stays put when i draw, but it is not technically attached, unless friction counts?

I wouldn't really want to have that argument with a stroppy SAPS member fishing for a bribe, like this poor bugger https://www.tacticalquartermaster.co...ntion-and-saps

Any thoughts?

User

Default Re: Remora legal?

its a legal holster

just not a very good one

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    its a legal holster

just not a very good one
    This

User

the ONLY time i wear a remora is when in pajamas with draw string, and that is only when taking dogs out to pee at 2:30am

Think three years back if not four I had a Shield for a short time. And got the original Sticky.
    Think I used it once. If you were in CPT area you could even take it for free. I think I used it about 30min.

Got 2 lying in the safe (Shield and M&P Compact size) ... most of the time they either gather dust or act as finish protectors ... its crowded in there
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people