Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Quite simply... the papers were only made available to us in their final form (actually, not even all of them, yet...) by the ConCourt last week. It took our attorneys and counsel until Saturday morning to figure out that, based on these papers, we/firearm owners might be in serious trouble. As you will see opinions are being updated daily.

It would be entirely reckless of us NOT to sound a warning, and prepare to step in.
    In all this, GOSA is clearly doing the right thing, as they always do.

Default Re: The ConCourt battle on 8 February. Important!!!

Hi Guys...and so it starts...just as Martin Hood predicted
    Li has just sent me an article published by GFSA.
    'If your partner owns a gun, you could be the next target Click here to read more'
    It's on their website...so it must be true !
    Regards.
    Keith.

User

Love the logic... 17% of the crimes by firearm... So 6.5 feet of roid rage male wants to take out his 4.5 feet 50kg partner and they don't think if she had a g43 concealed in her undies that would of kept her safe or at least given her a fighting chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by keithbatkins View Post
    Hi Guys...and so it starts...just as Martin Hood predictedLi has just sent me an article published by GFSA.'If your partner owns a gun, you could be the next target Click here to read more'It's on their website...so it must be true !Regards.Keith.

Good Morning Guys.
    If you 'goggle' www.constitutionalcourt.org.za and then click on 'Forthcoming Hearings', select 8 February, you will find all of the 'paperwork' relating to the hearing.
    Regards.
    Keith.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    A couple of lawyers are in disagreement with you about the above...
    My attorney friend (who gave the DoE a bloody nose last year in the High Court over religion in schools) tends to agree with ManServant - he reckons the SAPS appeal will be denied.

User

I heard today that the Constitutional Court has requested that the matter be heard on 7 February because the 8th clashes with the opening of Parliament.

User

"Latest crime statistics show murder, attempted murder and robbery with aggravating circumstances – crimes most likely committed with a gun – have increased for the fifth year running." An extract from their response to the 2016-2017 crime stats. How can you base a whole article on an opinion? This is why people are so ignorant because they are getting information from idiots. http://www.gfsa.org.za/2016-17-crime...uns-every-day/

User

Interestingly, no party in this matter (not even GFSA) is contending that guns should be banned. Everyone including GFSA is actually agreeing to the need for a FCA and the need for licenced firearms.

The debate before the court is solely about whether the relicencing sections (as they are currently written) are constitutional insofar as they criminalise a person just because they are late in relicencing and there is no way to fix the problem if you are late. That is it. It is not a debate about pro gun v anti gun.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by GK21 View Post
    I heard today that the Constitutional Court has requested that the matter be heard on 7 February because the 8th clashes with the opening of Parliament.
    Well... that's just bloody dandy!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

PS there is no doubt we have a problem of gun crime in this country, but the emphasis should be on the word “crime” and not “gun”. I am sure we would all be happy to see less guns in the hands of criminals and that is where the focus of the SAPS and the FCA should be and not on depriving lawful and licenced citizens from owning guns. If GFSA changed their name and philosophy to Criminal Gun Free SA, I would probably support them.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast