Default LEOPOLD LTO TRACKER

Hallo Gents.... and Ladies:

Any of you with first hand experience re the Leopold Thermal imaging device? With all due respect.. I am not interested in hearsay, or "I think" etc.. as I would so much more appreciate real input of own experience regarding the effectiveness of the instrument.

I think it could be very useful especially where someone has to open gates at the farm, your house or when you have to enter dark places at night, iro attacks and robberies and murders waiting to happen.

Where our daytime temparatures exeed the body temperature of living creatures eg. humans or animals... will it still indicate the presence of such regardless the higher surrounding temparature of midday, midsummer?

My concern: does it work as advertised? Advertisements are just that.. adverts ...and not necessary the most reliable point of reference..

I appreciate your input...

regards

User

Default Re: LEOPOLD LTO TRACKER

I have used FLIR units which would be similar to the Leupold tracker. The cooler the environment the better it will indicate the heat of a human body! For example it will be more effective on a winters night. If there is a lot of rock that has absorbed heat during the day you will not be able to see a human thermal image against the rock! A problem in the lowveld is the termite mounds often roughly the size and shape of a human they release heat during the night! Thick clothing will also reduce body heat so only the face of the person will be visible in some cases, especially on cold nights with a person who has not been active!

I was however fairly impressed with thermal imaging, for the purpose you describe I think that it would work well given the right conditions!

Thank you very much for your reply... I have some reservations due to the very hot environment that I reside in.. I do not want to pay around ZAR 12 k and then found out it is a waste of money... appreciate your answer.. keep well

Hi hennienamabia

On Youtube 'Ozziereviews' reviews this Leupold unit.

Check it before buying. Like everything 'you gets what you pays for.'

User

For a test,if you maybe do you have access to a Cat phone with a FLIR camera? Maybe this will give you a idea what you can expect?

thank you very much for your reply...i'll check it out.. regards

thank you.. unfortunately I don't have such.. regards