Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Carrying and Use of Firearms Licensed in terms of Sections 15 and 16 for Self Def

Very cool, thanks for posting.

User

Default Re: Carrying and Use of Firearms Licensed in terms of Sections 15 and 16 for Self Def

Finally.

User

Many thanks

User

I'm printing out a copy and keeping it in my car. Could come in handy if you get stopped at a roadblock and there are questions asked by the officers on site? What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Oh, thank goodness they have at last reached agreement with the rest of us, that have been saying this all along...

Big ups to them for backtracking.

Hi Paul

I am one of the two authors of the legal discussion document.

I presume with "them" and "backtracking" you are referring to NHSA. Juan Kotze Attorneys and NHSA are of course two different entities that exist independant of one another.

Juan Kotze, myself and the firm's position on the issue has always been as set out in the document.

Has NHSA previously expressed an official opinion which differs from ours?

Quote Originally Posted by HJordaan View Post
    Farking finally. This is something we have been saying for months if not years! I'm glad that Natshoot manned up and changed their opinion, I am however worried that they sway a bit easily
    Hi HJordaan.

See my reply to Paul above. Can you please advise what different NHSA opinion you had sight of and what issues you consider them having swayed on?

As one of their legal advisors, I'd like to ensure that all are on the same page.

User

This should clear up any doubts some might still have had. I am still just confused as to why the clause that a weapon not licensed under S13 must be stored unloaded? What was the reason that was brought in? Since you are legally allowed to use any weapon registered under S15/16 etc for SD, it makes even less sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    This should clear up any doubts some might still have had. I am still just confused as to why the clause that a weapon not licensed under S13 must be stored unloaded? What was the reason that was brought in? Since you are legally allowed to use any weapon registered under S15/16 etc for SD, it makes even less sense to me.
    Surely you're not suggesting gun control doesn't make sense??? ;)

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by gwj DICKDEKOCK View Post
    Has NHSA previously expressed an official opinion which differs from ours?
    Oh yes...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    The key word is "stored"... and I don't know any more than that...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast