Default NIKKO STIRLING PANORAMIC 4-12 X 50

good morning.
    does anybody have an opion on the NIKKO STIRLING PANORAMIC 4-12X50. I GOT IT AS A DEAL WITH A Howa 1500.308
    is it good enough to shoot 300m with. is it a decent quality. i know its not the best by a long run. its also not the worst by any means.
    i have heard good stories about them as well as bad stories.

i would like to hear what other hunters are saying. i will keep it for now, i will shoot my riffle in with it, as ita a new deal and ive just got it. your coments will be respected good or bad.

Default Re: NIKKO STIRLING PANORAMIC 4-12 X 50

Nikko Sterling Panamax is listed as a airgun scope.

User

Hey brother, I don't mean to be insensitive, but they are not that great man.....that's why they bundle them with rifle's. It sells for about $140 here at Walmart, so figure how that compares price-wise to scopes on the top end of the spectrum at about $3000. It doesn't get much cheaper than $140 for a scope.That said I have a Simmons Whitetail Classic I only paid about $99 for brand new on sale. 6.5-20X50AO with a basic mildot reticle.....and it has worked for me to a point, I still use it as a floater in case I have a rifle without an optic....it will bounce around from gun to gun. For plinking only, nothing serious. In fact I put it on my own Howa .308 for a few weeks until I got a better optic for it.

That reticle on the Nikko Stirling is a very cluttered mildot with thick crosshairs.

I'm assuming you are going to work on the Howa a bit....bed the action etc etc so while you do all that and work up loads for it etc....the scope will work for you. In the meantime, start researching optics for your needs and save up for something truly decent.

What model Howa is it? Does it have the Hogue Overmolded stock and is it a heavy barrel etc? Does it come with a detachable magazine?

Congrats BTW. I like Howa rifles....nice bolt feel and they are plenty accurate.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    Nikko Sterling Panamax is listed as a airgun scope.
    Centerfire, rimfire or air rifle.