Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Combative Fitness

Hopefully this is the right section and no similar threads exist (I did use the search function but who knows).

I am not a gym person and can't afford the fees or time away from home anyway...but I do realise the importance of having the fitness and strength to defend one's self or loved ones.

I was really battling to get motivated to do something at home until I started watching a few of Arno Barlows clips on training at home and also found the below vid on YouTube. It inspired me to work on fitness and firearm handling, using a blue gun(draws etc), at the same time. I also enjoy Pat McNamara's videos (Pat Mac) on combining shooting with fitness (Get Some!!! - these exercises can only be done at private ranges for obvious reasons)

Anyway. I got a large punching bag, some weights, a medicine ball and other odds and ends over time and have started an hour long daily session at home. I also do some dry fire practice a few times a week using the G-Sight laser "cartridge"

Here's the vid that eventually got me doing something:

I thought this might be useful for those not keen or able to get to a gym and wanted to ease into some home training.

My goal is to get as much training as I can from reputable instructors and practice what they preach at home while staying relatively fit.

I need to thank Arno Barlow for impressing the importance of some form of home training.

Is anyone else doing something similar?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Combative Fitness

I enjoy this person very much. As I get older and my 9 lives get rapidly used up these movements become my priority . Lack of efficient movement will get me killed before bad gun skills.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Definitely something I need to start getting in rhythm with, fitness and body mechanics.
    thank for the share

User

If you are not the exercise type just do the following to get started:

10 x Lady Type push ups correctly done
    10 x Situp
    30 sec Calf's, Hami stretch and Yoga's Dog reaching to the moon stretch.

After you have just done this for a week or 2, increase and add walking, running and shuttle runs.

User

Fitness is key.

Physical strength and endurance = mental strength - knowing what you can achieve. And seeking to push beyond that.

User

Or just sit on the couch and drink beer like I do. My right arm gets enough excerise:)

User

Quote Originally Posted by SWF View Post
    Hopefully this is the right section and no similar threads exist (I did use the search function but who knows).I am not a gym person and can't afford the fees or time away from home anyway...but I do realise the importance of having the fitness and strength to defend one's self or loved ones.I was really battling to get motivated to do something at home until I started watching a few of Arno Barlows clips on training at home and also found the below vid on YouTube. It inspired me to work on fitness and firearm handling, using a blue gun(draws etc), at the same time. I also enjoy Pat McNamara's videos (Pat Mac) on combining shooting with fitness (Get Some!!! - these exercises can only be done at private ranges for obvious reasons)Anyway. I got a large punching bag, some weights, a medicine ball and other odds and ends over time and have started an hour long daily session at home. I also do some dry fire practice a few times a week using the G-Sight laser "cartridge"Here's the vid that eventually got me doing something: I thought this might be useful for those not keen or able to get to a gym and wanted to ease into some home training.My goal is to get as much training as I can from reputable instructors and practice what they preach at home while staying relatively fit. I need to thank Arno Barlow for impressing the importance of some form of home training.Is anyone else doing something similar?Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    Great post SWF! Arno Barlow does have the ability to motivate you to "suck a bit less". He introduced me to Tacfit and Scott Sonnen. Scott emphasizes mobility from a martial arts perspective and Tacfit well.... gets you fit...... tactically.

User

Also consider body weight exercises like pullups and pushups, compound exercises that train more than one muscle group.

Also have a look at a TRX, I got a cheaper copy and all you need is something to tie it too or a door.

User

Everybody should be fighting fit, but one must be clear physical exercise aint fun.
    Working out from home is the same as going to the gym, exercising in the gym is not bad for most people the problem is just finding the motivation to get there.

It’s like hard work, the trick is not getting it done the trick is starting with it.
    Since humans are pack animals the simplest solution for most is finding someone to exercise with, its much easier than finding the inspiration alone.

I say this because I know, I force myself to exercise even on days I don’t feel like it.

User

The only way i could get motivated was to pay a pile of money for gym fees and personal trainer fees. The thought of wasting all that money gets me to gym 2 to 3 times a week. It sounds silly i know, but whatever works i guess........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast