User

Default Camp shower, heated from the TLC radiator water

G'Day Fella's,

Here's a link to a project I recently completed (almost).............
    https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cam...ystem.1031735/

This is the link to the home page of this same forum; https://forum.ih8mud.com/
    Hope that helps

D'oh!
    Homer

Default Re: Camp shower, heated from the TLC radiator water

Quote Originally Posted by HomerOz View Post
    G'Day Fella's,

Here's a link to a project I recently completed (almost).............
    https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cam...ystem.1031735/

This is the link to the home page of this same forum; https://forum.ih8mud.com/
    Hope that helps

D'oh!
    Homer
    Hi, the link does not seem to work unfortanatly:&

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

The link works fine for me

Hi HomerOz

A friend of mine from our local shooting range has done somethhing similar - massive extra brownie points with the wife when they go camping and hunting.

For some reason it's working now maybe it was just my network. Looks great BTW

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I also like camping, and that is an excellent idea. Wonder where in SA we will get liquid to liquid heat ex-changers that will not break the bank. For us DIY Oukies.

User

G'Day Fella's,

Pleased to hear this was of interest to you blokes and thank you for the kind words.

Smittie86, make some inquiries about these Heat Exchanges, at Refrigeration and or Commercial Air Conditioning type companies.
    If you have any success, please post the details on this thread for others to utilise.

Either that or contact the mob I got it from www.scintex.com.au , here in Oz.
    They were not the cheapest but the had the 30 plate versions in stock, and they are very helpful and easy to deal with.

Hope that helps

D'oh!
    Homer

User

Looks good. I saw something cruder and cheaper that seemed to work pretty well. Consisted of a copper coil around a length of the exhaust pipe near the rear. The owner had it plumbed so that it could recirculate into a tank on the roofrack or be fed direct from an external water source. i didn't get to try it out but the ladies in his party seemed well impressed.

User

G'Day Fella's,

Oafpatroll, I mate of mine that's a Motor Mechanic, made up and welded a square 5 liter box, around his TLC 45 series exhaust system
    He has a hose going into the top of this box to fill it, and another coming out the bottom, with a tap on it.
    So you can go out spotlighting in winter, shoot and knock the guts out of a heap of "Skippy's", etc and have some warm water to wash up with, at the end of a cold winters night.

Simple but effective and one of 100 different available options, and they all work.

The only concern I have with mine, is how long any part of the shower water pump on my set-up will last, before the under the bonnet heat gets the better of it? Time will tell!

Avagreatweekendeh!
    Homer