Thread: Death Wish

Default Death Wish

Went to movies tonight and saw a trailer for the new Death Wish remake starring Bruce Willis. Normally not a big fan of remakes, I prefer the classics and don't mess with Charles Bronson, but the new trailer looks pretty cool.

User

Default Re: Death Wish

Does he also use a 475 Wildey Magnum pistol? If not, I'm not interested...

There is a LOT of hardware and action in this movie. We see Dr Paul Kersey using a Glock and an AR.

So I saw the movie last night. Very different to the original. Very critical movie reviews if you consider the current sensitivity towards firearms in the US after the last school shooting. But I still enjoyed the movie and would recommend it those looking for a decent action movie.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Watched it few days ago and could not help but think of Manto Tshabala Msimang.
    The original was brutal compared to this.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    What KK20 said!
    The original was typical 80's no holds barred we know not of these millennial types you refer to type of movie.
    My best one being Death Wish 3 where the Wildey came out to play against "The Giggler"

Ironically they got some things wrong in that Dr Kersey works in the city of Chicago, one with likely the highest level of gun control, yet at one point in the movie, walks into a gun shop and buys a full auto AR Pistol (No stock) with a shorter than 16inch barrel, as well as a pistol with no wait period. Something that would not be doable in Chicago regardless of how well connected you are

I washed this while back on Terarium tv.

At one pint the Glock gives him a little slide chow according to detective in movie.
    Its possibly the worst slide bite ive ever seen a person gets.
    Usually happens when second hand grip to high. He gets it holding Glock in one hand.
    Fires couple of shots then suddenly happens. Wonder how he moved the hand while firing.

But overall a good move from Bruce Willis to watch.

As last while lots of these good actors like him and Nic Cage brings out low budget films.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andre in Alberton View Post
    Normally not a big fan of remakes, I prefer the classics and don't mess with Charles Bronson, but the new trailer looks pretty cool.
    The remake of The Mechanic with Jason Statham a few years back was pretty decent too

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    May be it is the sick sense of humour that I have but when Dr Kersey stole the watch and then clothes from the patient and the hospital I could not help it and cracked the fuck up..
    https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...proof-20070819
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post

Ironically they got some things wrong in that Dr Kersey works in the city of Chicago, one with likely the highest level of gun control, yet at one point in the movie, walks into a gun shop and buys a full auto AR Pistol (No stock) with a shorter than 16inch barrel, as well as a pistol with no wait period. Something that would not be doable in Chicago regardless of how well connected you are
    All part of what I call the agenda to drum up support for gun control. I saw it in the movies mos...