Default Expired License - can I apply for another firearm

Probably been asked before, but I have managed to find nothing.
    I have an expired firearm and am waiting for the April trial to find out the way forward.

I would like to purchase another handgun and would like to know if I would be wasting my time on applying for license as my first handgun license has expired?

Thanks

User

Default Re: Expired License - can I apply for another firearm

No, I don't see anything that would stop you from doing so. You would obviously not be able to apply for a second S13 or go beyond the 4 on S15.

User

I applied for an obtained a license for a rifle in terms of S16 without any problem while I had a handgun with an expired license in terms of S13.

The subsequent re-licensing of the balance of my firearms licensed in terms of S15 is a whole different chapter with the DFO, Provincial and the CFR all having different views on the validity of a renewed Competence Certificate and this whole confusion currently the subject of an appeal lodged by a properly competent attorney.

There seems to be a widespread lack of a) uniform interpretation and b) consistent application that turns licensing into a real hit or miss affair IMHO.

User

You should be GTG if your Comp is still valid. They may argue its validity due to the date of license expiry. (comp that is)
    Do you have any other licenses?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    You should be GTG if your Comp is still valid. They may argue its validity due to the date of license expiry. (comp that is)
    Do you have any other licenses?
    Yes, current have a hunting rifle S15 and handgun S13. Am looking at another handgun S15.