Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: GOSA's big news... I have to go buy a suit!

Actually, we succeeded massively.

As GK21 can testify (having sat through the proceedings with me at the ConCourt yesterday), GOSA's papers were referred to several times, most particularly by one of the Justices (I think the Deputy Chief Justice) and by Chaskalson (for GunFree SA)... who had prepared almost his entire oral submission to address our attack (in our papers) upon them. We rained on GFSA's parade.

Also, our attempt to frame the debate so broadly that we could attack the principle of relicensing may have been the factor which kept the debate narrowly focused to the issue of 24 and 28, and thus avoided a broader point being made.

Also... our Girls on Fire and our many other members who packed the public gallery were the focus of almost everyone's attention.

We were the silenced majority. The ghost that haunted the entire proceedings. Watching AK cast frequent hate-filled glances over her shoulder the entire time brought a tear of joy to my eye.

Ons spook by hulle!
    Last edited by Paul; 08-02-2018 at 12:55.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Thank you GOSA and everyone involved for your time and effort.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GameFarmer View Post
    Thank you GOSA and everyone involved for your time and effort.
    Well Done To The GOSA Team And All Involved!!

User

Now that is what I call membership money well spent. Worth every penny and more. Thanks GOSA!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Actually, we succeeded massively.

As GK21 can testify (having sat through the proceedings with me at the ConCourt yesterday), GOSA's papers were referred to several times, most particularly by one of the Justices (I think the Deputy Chief Justice) and by Chaskalson (for GunFree SA)... who had prepared almost his entire oral submission to address our attack (in our papers) upon them. We rained on GFSA's parade.

Also, our attempt to frame the debate so broadly that we could attack the principle of relicensing may have been the factor which kept the debate narrowly focused to the issue of 24 and 28, and thus avoided a broader point being made.

Also... our Girls on Fire and our many other members who packed the public gallery were the focus of almost everyone's attention.

We were the silenced majority. The ghost that haunted the entire proceedings. Watching AK cast frequent hate-filled glances over her shoulder the entire time brought a tear of joy to my eye.

Ons spook by hulle!
    Good work!
    I hear someone offered AK a GOSA badge, she was massively offended allegedly ;)

User

So did you now buy the suit,or was it a rental oom Paul?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5