Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    Correct! By an estimated 7.5 times but the actuaries will do proper projections as soon as the SAPS provides the core data.
    So 90 working days / 7,5 = 12 working days! 😱😱😱😱

Default Re: GOSA's big news... I have to go buy a suit!

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    So 90 working days / 7,5 = 12 working days! 😱😱😱😱
    Well you know there was a time before the renewal system when it went even quicker than that!

Good Evening Guys.
    Just for information, the Con. Court's 'official' web-site is not yet up to date.
    It is still showing the date of the hearing as the 8 Feb and it is not showing GOSA's 'Amicus' application in the supporting documents.
    Regards.
    Keith.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Gunformation rises from the Stygian depths... ;-{>}
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by keithbatkins View Post
    Good Evening Guys.
    Just for information, the Con. Court's 'official' web-site is not yet up to date.
    It is still showing the date of the hearing as the 8 Feb and it is not showing GOSA's 'Amicus' application in the supporting documents.
    Regards.
    Keith.
    The website still has 8 Feb, but in the full record are the directions dated 29 Jan which changes the date. Not ideal that they don't update their website efficiently

Lol. That they (and the SCA) has websites at all is already a major technological leap forward for any court in this country.

User

I guess EDC will be left at home in the safe. Isn’t ConCourt a gun free zone? Time to show GFSA how a sharp mind is as deadly as any firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    OK, so everything has been filed with the relevant parties . Time for the announcement...

I have to go buy a damned suit now! Yep! That's it.

Anyone who knows me will realise just how traumatic and earth-shattering this announcement is.

Apparently the Constitutional Court has a strict dress code.

GOSA has spent the last few weeks consulting Senior Counsel, and many many other senior lawyers and has decided that, despite giving the Respondent in the case every possible assistance with preparing their own case, we need to be there ourselves in order that the interests of ALL gunowners are secured.

We have a couple of really large asks of the Court:

- We want GFSA to be declared agents of foreign interests acting against South Africa's sovereign national interests, and,

- We'd really, really like the Constitutional Justices to rule that the entire scheme of relicensing is irrational and contra the objects of the FCA and thus unconstitutional.

That's about it realy. Not too much to ask for, is it?

We have amazingly good papers (our argument), thanks to the fantastic legal team over at The Foundation for the Defence of Democracy, and a Silk (Senior Counsel) who will set the Court alight.

Attached you will find our entire Notice of Motion, plus our Founding Affidavit with appendices... nope! GS won't let me upload the pdf...

Go here...

https://www.facebook.com/download/pr...13177822295839
    Thats good arguments.

Want to thank everyone involved especially SA Hunters /Fred Campher for taking the iniciative to get a High Court order against the SAPS, both last year and in 2009.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    Thats good arguments.

Want to thank everyone involved especially SA Hunters /Fred Campher for taking the iniciative to get a High Court order against the SAPS, both last year and in 2009.
    Absolutely... I think Fred is just too much of a gentleman to drive a wooden stake through the evil heart of the beast... GOSA has no such qualms.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

As someone with zero legal knowledge, just a question. Is there legal precedent for what GOSA is trying with gfsa or will this be the first such case?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast