Default Any ideas: GOSA and competence?

Hi Guys,

A family member submitted a competence application for a pistol- it's been over 120 days since application.

Unfotunately the DFO isn't particularly helpful, and phoning CFR hasn't achieved much either. No reasons have been furnished for any delays in this instance.

I'm aware that GOSA or an Attorney can assist with a licence application- but could they assist with the competence?

Is it worth pursuing this problem by means of GOSA, or should a whole new competence application be initiated? (Is a new application likely to cause any problems if an existing one is already documented in 'the system'?)

I've not come across this problem before, hence asking the forum.

Thanks for the input!

Default Re: Any ideas: GOSA and competence?

GOSA should be able to assist. Are you a member?
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    GOSA should be able to assist. Are you a member?
    Hi Skaaphaas,

I'm not- but I suggested that my family member consider joining. I just wanted to ask if anyone knew if GOSA does indeed deal with the competence aspect.

I'll ask her to phone GOSA and check as well but thought to bounce GOSA versus a whole new application off the forum.

Cheers.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jonger View Post
    Hi Skaaphaas,

I'm not- but I suggested that my family member consider joining. I just wanted to ask if anyone knew if GOSA does indeed deal with the competence aspect.

I'll ask her to phone GOSA and check as well but thought to bounce GOSA versus a whole new application off the forum.

Cheers.
    Why aren't you a member?

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Jonger, not aimed at your family member, but there are too many firearm owners or want to be owners that only join GOSA when needed for a problem. They do a lot more than just that. Please motivate people, firearm owners or not, to join. Then, maybe then, they will sort out the problems even before it starts at personal level.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Jonger, not aimed at your family member, but there are too many firearm owners or want to be owners that only join GOSA when needed for a problem. They do a lot more than just that. Please motivate people, firearm owners or not, to join. Then, maybe then, they will sort out the problems even before it starts at personal level.
    +
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Amen!

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!