Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Saps350

Default Re: Saps350

On Friday GOSA sorted out my stuck app in process at CFR for 70 days. With 1 Email sent by Antoinette. And CFR sorted it out after receiving GOSA email in under 30min.
    And I received approval SMS.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Martin Hood has been successful in getting cost orders against SAPS members in their private capacity. Hopefully this will deter things like this from happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People only care when it hits them in their own pocket. If its the employer who pays for your fark up, then they couldn't care less.
    But I'm sure loosing a few k out your salary in a garnishing order is a good way to learn not to abuse your powers.

User

The issue I have with this Separate SAP350 form is that the 271 form already includes it, page 3, yet time and time again DFO's insist on a separate form.

To me, it's doubling up on work, administrative blocking if you ask me.

User

Default Saps350

SAPS 350 is and was never a requirement for licensing a FA. It was used as a solution to fix a problem that should never have existed in the first place. I.E SAPS not processing the SAP 350 in the first place thereby transferring the FA into the dealers name ASAP. The 350 is a function between the SAPS and Dealers and between Dealers transferring stock. Nothing to do with the buyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I just received a call from the DFO office. I handed in my renewal last Thursday 8 February 2018 for a S13 licence expiring on 9 May 2018. She tells me they cannot capture the application as the pistol is in dealer stock! I have to bring it in with a gunsmith certificate and make a declaration it has never been sold.
    Now what is the possibility they confiscate it or do some other crap at the station? (maybe I am paranoid, but the caller sounded nervous and unsure of herself). AND now I am told it is on a dealer in JHB's name not even the one I bought it from!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfever View Post
    I just received a call from the DFO office. I handed in my renewal last Thursday 8 February 2018 for a S13 licence expiring on 9 May 2018. She tells me they cannot capture the application as the pistol is in dealer stock! I have to bring it in with a gunsmith certificate and make a declaration it has never been sold.
    Now what is the possibility they confiscate it or do some other crap at the station? (maybe I am paranoid, but the caller sounded nervous and unsure of herself). AND now I am told it is on a dealer in JHB's name not even the one I bought it from!!
    I had to supply a gunsmith certificate at renewal last month too. My. 222 was only indicated as a rifle and not a bolt action rifle (its been licensed on my name since 1994, and before that for 20 years in my dad's). Was not requested take the rifle in though. Cert cost me R20 and took 5 minutes to get

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by ShirazA View Post
    Having the 350 is a useless waste of time.

I went to submit an app today, with a copy of the 350... But just my luck, FA is not on dealers name, but on government department 29.

DFO could do nothing and referred me back to dealer to sort out... Dealer sent me proof that these docs were sent a while back to CFR. Dealers hands are tied until who ever does their job at CFR. All they can do is to resubmit the docs again.

All in all I am left with an expensive receipt for a FA that who knows when I will be able to get to shoot.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Get GOSA to send a letter.. capturing the firearm is CFRs responsibility... in fact a dealer cannot have said firearm in his possession unless it is booked under him.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfever View Post
    CFR of late has been capturing old data and deliberately moving fas from owners to dealers and or importers.

I say deliberately because there is no way of except any other explanation.

User

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    Get GOSA to send a letter.. capturing the firearm is CFRs responsibility... in fact a dealer cannot have said firearm in his possession unless it is booked under him.

Dealer had it sorted.

Now to go again to submit. Let's hope 3rd time the charm.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ShirazA View Post
    Dealer had it sorted.

Now to go again to submit. Let's hope 3rd time the charm.

Good luck bud!

PS
    Do I smell a shadow?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast