Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Suggestion: collecting rifles in 9x53R

I say go for it! Whatever floats your boat. There's little quite as satisfying as coming up with a collecting field that contains stuff that nobody else has ever heard of!

User

One of the joys of collecting is the interaction with people who have similar interests. I suspect this may be rather difficult if you have a unique field involving nobody else!

I have a Sako rifle built on a Mosin Nagant Action.

This was very inexpensive here in Norway as most people hunt Moose with more modern Rifles.I bought it mainly as a item of interest as well as it being easy to form cases from 7.62X54R.

The 9.3X53R was very well thought of as a Moose cartridge,bearing in mind that 100m is considered a long shot in heavy forested Moose habitat.

Banned

At least we have proof that the calibre is in use

Would you please add a photo of the rifle and the ammunition?

I am having trouble uploading pictures to the website.
    All in all its not a back Rifle,although recoil is quite sharp and unpleasant due to the Rifles light weight and poor stock design.The sights are adequate,trigger is decent and accuracy really is superb.I was going to take it Reindeer hunting last Autum but it was only my wife who drew a card in the lottery.I will probably take it to Sweden later in the year for Roe deer Moose and Pigs.

Should you like to see the pictures,PM me your EMail address and I can send them to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2