Default Weigand rail for S & W mod. 19.

I need a Weigand rail for a S & W mod. 19. I am travelling to the USA later in the month, however, if I read the ITAR regulations correctly it would be illegal for me to bring one back. Does anyone in South Africa stock them? Or, would it be legal for a visiting hunter to bring one in, if he brings a gun to hunt with?

Default Re: Weigand rail for S & W mod. 19.

Why illegal? It's surely not prohibited on list of military items? I am really struggling to bring one in for a GP100 6". Tried to send it to US address where a colleague of mine is visiting but Weigand would not send it. Referred me to other sites listed on their homepage.

At $35 it's well within the $100 exception limit and is not an explicitly prohibited item requiring its own export certificate, as per 22 CFR 123.17(a)1
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User

I bought one from Brownells years ago and it was sent to me no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weigand would not send to US postal address I provided cause i hav friend visiting there now. Would not do it because i am from SA. But he did refer me to Brownells and Mountplus websites. I have now tried to order from Mountplus. I really want to take the handgun hunting interest further without drilling holes for a scope.

Update...
    So I ordered from Mountplus for delivery in Ohio. Unfortunately it would take them 3 to 4 weeks to source the scope and mounts. So I asked if they could post it to S.A.. Yes they will but shipping is $57. So I am going ahead with this transaction as I really want it!

User

Shipping is usually the bitch. One often then understands why local retail items seem to cost so much.

Well the rail and mounts arrived last week. Total cost with shipping was R1925 plus another R264 customs duty I had to pay at post office. At least i got it. Now i got to find a handgun scope before next hunting season. Right now I got another firearm purchase in the works.