Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Provided it is a section 13, leave it loaded in the safe, it makes the other guns feel safer.
    Thanks.good point
    Section 13 and 15.section 15 gets carried daily though

User

Default Re: Always wondered what's the impact on my gun

It's a very dumb part of the FCA, but only a S13 may be stored loaded.

Not even a S14, which is also a self defence licence...

User

Also a noob question, how else would one practice dry firing? You have to unload, mags in the safe then proceed to dryfire and then returning it to condition 1 when you are finished. What am I missing?

User

Quote Originally Posted by ZK1 View Post
    Also a noob question, how else would one practice dry firing? You have to unload, mags in the safe then proceed to dryfire and then returning it to condition 1 when you are finished. What am I missing?
    You miss nothing, your procedure is perfect for the times you wish to Dry Fire. The advice above is a general rule for those EDC'ing.

User

+1

User

My EDC firearm stays loaded and NOT in the safe at all times. It's one-up and ready to go at a moment's notice.
    The ONLY time it's unloaded is when I get ready for a shooting match or cleaning the gun. Other exceptions apply, but safe storage is never one of them.
    I do not unload it at night. Bad guys seems to come at night. I want to be ready....

According to Defense Advocate Botha in van Breda case. You would be making a massive mistake feeling safe in security complex with biometric setup.
    As they have given defense intruders can bypass this undetected. Kill three people and escape with out a trace.
    Keep the handgun close and loaded.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    According to Defense Advocate Botha in van Breda case. You would be making a massive mistake feeling safe in security complex with biometric setup.
    As they have given defense intruders can bypass this undetected. Kill three people and escape with out a trace.
    Keep the handgun close and loaded.
    Quite right. We are doing a funeral of a guy who was shot and killed in his "secure" complex in Fourways this week. And it isn't the first one

User

Ok cool, the way I plan to carry, reading a lot on here and other sites is that when I get home and change clothes, it stays in the kydex holster when I take it of and put it back on. So no need to load and unload. Will carry all the time, and Im still thinking about my bed side setup. But have an idea to mount and unmount it with it never leaving the holster. Must say, I'm so glad I read up so much on a site like this, all the small things that make a world of differance. The fact that I grew up around guns is good, but I learned so much on here. Cheers!

Today will see the change in my routine.agree on the points made. Oh and to add...my night routine includes watching active self protection videos.:) those videos really help shape the mindset

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast