Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Default Re: Florida shooting: At least 17 dead in high school attack

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    There is a huge difference between entering a complex with an active shooter, alone, while being armed with a handgun only, and being cornered in a classroom by an armed shooter.

In the first scenario, the LEO acts as the hunter, seeking out a moving, shooting gunman. The LEO has to actively put himself in harm's way, with lots of risk involved.

In the second, the target uses the element of surprise to engage an attacker. The teacher is already in harm's way wheither he/she is armed or not. At that point the choice is basically between dying quietly and fighting back.

Not the same no matter how you paint it.
    All true, but, and this is a big but, these mass shootings are most often by people on a murder-suicide rampage. As far as I understand, standard operating procedure is to storm in and engage. The reason being that the shooter will commit suicide in the face of resistance. Like the Oregon Mall shooting for instance.

Simply engaging is often the end of it, even without a shot fired by the officer.

Four officers waited outside, breaking all the rules of engagement in a mass shooting.

User

A-R........it’s a school full of defenseless children FFS! Yes, I want that deputy to hunt the shooter(s) down and do everything in his power to protect those children.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
    A-R........it’s a school full of defenseless children FFS! Yes, I want that deputy to hunt the shooter(s) down and do everything in his power to protect those children.
    I think we all agree on that. It's just that the deputies didn't.

Why they didn't is another question. Were they instructed not to, were they trained not to, or did they just not have the guts to do it?

While we are at it, going into a school full of children looking for an armed (and active) shooter, is that a scenario these deputies were trained for? It would require co-operation and communication between the deputies, and a good plan too. Lots of questions here that may remain unanswered.

User

We all want that but they are not under any duty to do that.

User

Is that not our greatest problem?Duty?PoliceArmySales staffDoctorsLawyersWant vs Duty?Do we not have an environment where 83% (because all made up stats are 83%) of the work force in all aspects are in it for a pay check...I doubt we will see self sacrifice and doing it for the good of the people coming out in a world where all we do is eat soap and bitch about bathroom rights and religion..
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    We all want that but they are not under any duty to do that.

User

Just saying...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

I hear ya.......that's what I'm wondering if he was told to sit tight. But then he resigned. Man that's likely his pension down the shitter unless they cut him a deal. Seems if he got burned he would be all up in the media.

I'm with you on the training or lack of it. I just hope that if ever God forbid that happens at my girls schools, that an armed deputy or a parent etc anyone with a gun, would try save our children. I would......in a heartbeat.

User

I just hope that if ever God forbid that happens at my girls schools, that an armed deputy or a parent etc anyone with a gun, would try save our children. I would......in a heartbeat.
    No question - how would any parent not?

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

User

Everyone is saying that cop and the 3 others should have gone in no question. I saw some cops say that even if told to wait for backup, you ignore it and go in. You go in. End of story. Whether there is a law says you don’t have to or not.....you go in. Fall back on that law and say “I don’t have to go in, the law says so!”’ ....you are a fucking coward. How do you live with yourself knowing you may have saved even one child if you’d have gone?

It’s a police officers sworn duty to protect the public. Leave it to the fucktard liberals to come up with laws saying they don’t have to.......if that is indeed true.

Everyone is saying that cop and the 3 others should have gone in no question. I saw some cops say that even if told to wait for backup, you ignore it and go in. You go in. End of story. Whether there is a law says you don’t have to or not.....you go in. Fall back on that law and say “I don’t have to go in, the law says so!”’ ....you are a fucking coward. How do you live with yourself knowing you may have saved even one child if you’d have gone?

It’s a police officers sworn duty to protect the public. Leave it to the fucktard liberals to come up with laws saying they don’t have to.......if that is indeed true.
    Reports are coming out that there may have been a stand down / wait order.

If that is true, pass the tin foil hat

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast