Thread: Miroku ML22

User

Default Miroku ML22

Hi guys, after picking up this little lever action .22 I had to buy it, although it was second hand. I know its made in Japan along with Browning BL22. Does any one ons the forum have one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Miroku ML22

I don't have one yet. The Browning-branded version was also built for them by Miroku, as far as I can tell. Same rifle, different name. Then there is the Norinco that was copied off the same model.

The Norinco version has the habit of breaking the little plate that sits on the lever pivot and engages the breech block. Not sure if the original has better metallurgy there. As parts may be an issue, be carefull not to work the lever hard.

User

Thanks A-R, I actually looked at a Norinco as well, the Chinese model is based on the Winchester 94/22. The throw on the Norinco lever is almost 80 degrees from the stock... where this Miroku throw on the lever is 33 degrees. When you cock the lever your hand stays on the stock and you can just flick it with your fingers. The trigger also travels with the lever. This was the main reason I settled on the Miroku / Browning, and the finish was a lot better.

User

Quote Originally Posted by glock17JLS View Post
    Thanks A-R, I actually looked at a Norinco as well, the Chinese model is based on the Winchester 94/22. The throw on the Norinco lever is almost 80 degrees from the stock... where this Miroku throw on the lever is 33 degrees. When you cock the lever your hand stays on the stock and you can just flick it with your fingers. The trigger also travels with the lever. This was the main reason I settled on the Miroku / Browning, and the finish was a lot better.
    Thanks for the correction. Yes, the Miroku with it's lever-mounted trigger is a better design. The short lever throw is also a good idea.

Another rifle to consider is the Ruger 96/22. It also has a short lever throw and seems quite sturdy. Sadly, not many made it to our shores.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Thanks for the correction. Yes, the Miroku with it's lever-mounted trigger is a better design. The short lever throw is also a good idea.

Another rifle to consider is the Ruger 96/22. It also has a short lever throw and seems quite sturdy. Sadly, not many made it to our shores.
    I would love to get another Ruger (I have a 10/22 Target model)... did have a look at it online though... but as you said, I did not seem to find any in RSA.